Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your “Political Correctness” story of the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your “Political Correctness” story of the day.

So the other night in OKC, Russell Westbrook was having a great night - in the zone - with every shot falling and making amazing passes. The Thunder’s TV play-by-play announcer exclaimed “Westbrook is out of his cotton-pickin’ mind tonight! He has been suspended for one game for the “offensive racial comment” because you know, slaves used to pick cotton. The announcer had to make a groveling public apology. Did it ever occur to you that saying “cotton-pickin’ could possibly be a slur? I’ve heard that for my entire life.

I picked cotton once so l'm offended too but $130,000 payment will make it ok.

Comment

We used to do certain exercises for PT in the Army. Around the year 2000 the names of two were changed. One was “cotton pickers”. Basically bending at the waist to touch the ground and then back up again. Changed to “cherry pickers” because of course cherries dont grow on the ground so literally no one can be offended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Robstown mascot is the cottonpickers.

Comment

PC is pure stupidity
          My mother and father and all their brothers and sisters picked cotton just outside Florence tx. Hell they were allowed to miss school during gotten pickin time.
          Do they have a grievance?

Comment

Huh, I always thought of it as a way for old people to avoid dropping the F-bomb or g-****.

Comment

As a 4 year old kid I begged to be allowed to pick cotton. Everybody I knew was doing it but me. I did pick some, but not enough to be a real cotton picker. I guess that doesn’t count. That, or the fact we were white...

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                Huh, I always thought of it as a way for old people to avoid dropping the F-bomb or g-****.
                No sir, you are wrong it's clearly a racial slur

Comment

I think the world has gone out of its cotton pickin’ mind!

Comment

My Mom picked cotton. She also came in second for the lead in Gone With The Wind.

Her family did seasonal picking in 3 states......

Comment

Comment

I won't post this video due to offensive language.

Go to Youtube and search for "Picking cotton on a racist field trip".

Comment

Pretty ridiculous, especially since no one has picked cotton for decades unless they were doing it for fun.

Now saying pigweed choppin’......that could trigger some folks.

Comment

I feel guilty every time I open a new bottle of aspirin and look inside.

Comment

I hate people...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X