Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one hunt or know the area between Eden & Menard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one hunt or know the area between Eden & Menard ?

Any one hunt or knowledgeable about the area between Eden & Menard...A little west of midway between the 2?

Looking at land out that way and seller says there are axis & sitka on the property.

wondering how prevalent the exotics are in that area.

thanx,

I have a section on the edge of Eden.. Great place for Axis and whitetail numbers are high! Not a lot of big whitetail buck but lots of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
      I have a section on the edge of Eden.. Great place for Axis and whitetail numbers are high! Not a lot of big whitetail buck but lots of them.
      I agree with this. Tons of deer. I saw over 40 whitetail and axis in one morning. I haven’t seen any sika, but have seen one blackbuck doe on camera. Haven’t seen any hogs, but found a dead one at our gate. I love the area

Comment

Hunt off Wilhelm Ln. Exotics are rare on our place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen a sika doe and axis on a place six miles northwest of Menard as a crow flies.

Comment

My lease is halfway between the two. No exotics.

Comment

We hunted a place just west of Eden for a couple years. It was split between 87. The place south of 87 had a group of axis on it, probably 40 or so spread across about 2k acres. The place north of 87 didn't have any, but both places had a handful of hogs and a bunch of turkeys. There were some very nice deer killed every year (140"-150") and even had a 160" or two killed the couple years we were on it. It was pretty intensely managed and had protein stations setup.

Comment

The area is i think 12 miles SW of eden

Comment

Kinda sounds like it is hit or miss...

Comment

Our lease is directly between both cities.
                    We have no (regular)exotics on our hunting pastures but do see a group of axis on our way in from the highway turnoff going into camp.
                    No pigs on this lease either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

looks like this piece of land is on the Concho / Menard county lines a few miles west of the line between eden/menard.

been looking for land to build a retirement home on. Prices/restrictions are all over the board from Eden to Leaky

Comment

Working...
                      X