Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need "new" vehicle. Car or truck? Midlife crisis, Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of good used 4x4 trucks that are less than 4 years old in the $20-$25 range. No need to spend $40+

Comment

You are a little early...I couldn't afford to get a mid-life crisis car at 43.

Amateurs!! Go big or go home...

Kidding aside, make your finances your priority.

I feel the regular SS is possibly the best sports car for the $$$ on the market. GM just released the 2019 refresh & they added the 10 speed auto like the ZL1. I'm not a fan of the new facia however. It's subjective, but would shoot for a deal on an 18 if I was looking for an SS. If you plan to track it on a road course then get the SS 1LE.
      Attached Files

Comment

You catch my thread on potentially buying a new truck? I finally talked some sense into myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

We recently got rid of my wife's 2014 Camaro SS. Unless you're a small guy, or are perfectly fit, these things suck. You fall into it, and you just about need to phone a friend to get out. My buddy Phil nearly died from getting in and out of it, and I wasn't much better off.

But, it was fast. The fit and finish on the interior was not good. Lower end then I expected for the money. Lot's of plastic, and the typical GM rattles that you can't find. Even when only a couple weeks old the thing rattled. They still have the old 900 lb Camaro doors too.

But it was fast. Pass a car going 75 and bust 100 before you can react fast. 133 on 99 fast. Hit the competitive mode while sitting at a light and make the high school kid with his glass packs watch you become a memory. That was kinda fun. And the brakes were good too.

Comment

‘67-‘69 Camaro. Get a Vette or Hellcat. GO BIG!

Comment

I kept my truck and bought/leased a new Jetta. They’re cheap and dependable.

Keep the truck, get a cheap car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a new 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 with the 5.3 and it has everything but a sun roof. Heated/AC Leather seats, wood grain, sensors front and rear, camera, auto folding mirrors, touch screen bose stereo system, heated steering wheel, remote start... I honestly think it has everything but a sun roof. I got them down to $41,230 + TT&L with a bed cover and spray on bed liner thrown in, sticker was $55,885.

Not sure if that helps at all but figured I'd throw it out there that a high end truck for under $45k is possible although it's not much under

Comment

Go on a string of very expensive hunts and fishing trips. You’ll get more fun out of your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    A camaro less than 55 years old is a pretty lame mid life crisis. I'd recommend strippers and blow.

Preach

Comment

Talk to a good mechanic and work out a schedule. Rent a truck for 2 weeks, spend $10k and have a new motor, tranny and all running gear replaced on your truck. Cheaper than any of the options above and you’ll have years of more service out of what you have.

Comment

Dale for the win and for that $ you could get a lot of used up strippers

Comment

43 you ain't ready for the real mid life crisis yet. Pace yourself grasshopper. Buy something dependable for now and save your coin for when you cross the big 5-0. THEN you can fully rock the mid life crisis thing with something righteous like a corvette. With strippers and blow if the situation calls for that. Please video the experience when you get there and share it with us.

Comment

New cars/trucks are rarely (pretty much never) a good use of your money.

Find a 3-4 year old vehicle and go with that if you want newer. That’s typically when they take the biggest amount of depreciation. Let some other sucker take that hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stinger......

Comment

Sports cars are silly around town (going to the track is different). Maybe a classic type car?....probably cheaper and easier to self maintain.

Comment

Working...
                                X