Let's talk Chainsaws!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk Chainsaws!!

Gents...I've been borrowing saws for a year and I'm tired of fighting other folks equipment. Things in life have changed a little bit and I'm going to start spending more time at our small 100 acre farm.

My main use would be for falling trees (probably up 24" both hard and soft woods), firewood for the farm and home, and regular cleanup/road building...

I'm thinking my best bet is to find something in the 40-50cc range maybe a little bigger and either a 18-20" blade.

Here comes the million dollar question.....Echo, Stihl, or Husky?!?!?!? I'm not trying to break the bank but I also would rather make a purchase that I'm not fighting every time I try to run it.........I've been borrowing my dad's poulan and lets just say it dang near found the pond one afternoon clearing the dam.

Echo

Comment

4 stroke.

Comment

Any Stihl pro saw or any Husky that has XP on it.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
          Any Stihl pro saw or any Husky that has XP on it.
          yep

Comment

Stihl every time, all the time. I have a few commercial saws and have been nothing but happy with them.

Comment

Stihl

Comment

Stihl

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrad View Post
                  Stihl every time, all the time. I have a few commercial saws and have been nothing but happy with them.
                  Stihl is all I buy. I crank it and it works. My BIL buys cheap Poulan and takes 1-2 hours each time he wants to use it to get it to work.

Comment

Echo or Stihl, changing the bar and chain on my Husq is a nightmare. I prefer my echo over any of them.

Comment

Get a Stihl MS 271 Farm Boss and get to work.

Comment

Stihl.

Comment

You will get mostly Stihl recommendations but based on my experience, don't dismiss Husqvarna as an option. I have the Rancher model with a 20" blade. It is not considered a "commercial" saw but it has been perfect for me - I only use it 4-5 times a year. The key to make sure it starts after a long storage is two-fold. First only use TruFuel (or another premix, no ethanol fuel) in it. Second, before going back in storage I drain all remaining fuel and run the engine dry. If I do that it will start on the third pull even after sitting for several months.

Comment

Sthil all day. Best purchase Ive made in a long time. Got tirrd of fighting the poulans and craftsman each time I needed to use it. Broke down and bought a commercial Sthil it wasnt cheap but everytime I need it I pull it twice and it starts right up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                              Echo or Stihl, changing the bar and chain on my Husq is a nightmare. I prefer my echo over any of them.
                              Never had a problem with this. Takes just a minute or two. Undo one nut, remove chain from bar, place new chain on, place nut on loosely and tighten the tension screw with bar tool, and tighten nut tight. Could have done it in the time it took to write that.

Comment

Working...
                              X