first ski trip to new mexico question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first ski trip to new mexico question

family and i are going to angel fire NM after christmas for our first family ski trip. i think i have everything lined up, but ive been told you can purchase discounted ski lift vouchers thru costco. so far none have posted on their site. does anyone know anywhere else to get them? at the resort they are $77 each.

For this you will likely need to call them and just see what they offer. A good friend just booked is honeymoon to St Lucia through them and said they were able to get a few comps and saved a pretty good amount versus booking it themselves.

Comment

77.00 is fairly cheap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be there as well. Going 26-1st. Taking my boys on their first ski trip (ages 7 & 10). I booked them for 3 days of ski lessons. I haven't bought my ticket yet. Hoping it is only $77 as that is pretty cheap now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
          I'll be there as well. Going 26-1st. Taking my boys on their first ski trip (ages 7 & 10). I booked them for 3 days of ski lessons. I haven't bought my ticket yet. Hoping it is only $77 as that is pretty cheap now a days.
          I'd rethink 3 days of ski lessons. We went to Colorado last year and my 9 year old daughter was bored to tears after 1 day of lessons. If I had to do it over again, I would've maybe done a half day and taken her with me after that. I know kids are all different and pick up things at their own pace but make sure that you won't be stuck with paying for all three days if they are ready to hit the slopes with you. Just my 2 cents. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            77.00 is fairly cheap.

Which is depressing!

Comment

Most resorts will discount multi day tickets vs daily ticket. Depending on resorts lift tickets may or may not be included in ski lessons. 3 days is not long for beginners to be in school. Most resorts will bump kids up if they catch on quickly. Look into grocery stores and such in the local towns for deals on tickets and ski schools.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                I'd rethink 3 days of ski lessons. We went to Colorado last year and my 9 year old daughter was bored to tears after 1 day of lessons. If I had to do it over again, I would've maybe done a half day and taken her with me after that. I know kids are all different and pick up things at their own pace but make sure that you won't be stuck with paying for all three days if they are ready to hit the slopes with you. Just my 2 cents. Have fun!
                They've never been so right now I'm planning on 2.5 days and pulling them out early on day 3 (hence the .5 day) and skiing as a family. But I'd rather them get bored and pull them out early than to only book one day and need more but can't cause there are no spots left. Yes, I may eat some of the cost but lets be honest, I'm not going during the busiest time of year because I'm trying to save money . I just want the family to have a great time and make some great memories. I budgeted for the 3 days so I already consider it a sunk cost. You make a very good point though

Comment

Enjoy...sounds like a blast!!

Comment

Buncha planker wankers. [emoji23]

Comment

Most kids pick it up very quickly. Yours could be different. I only did a half day with my daughter and she was ready to go. You will be amazed how quickly they blow by you going down the mountain. She did not seem to have the "fear factor" her daddy did.

We took the kids to Angel Fire for many years. We also went around Christmas time. Wanted to have some snow white Christmas and we were never disappointed. Have fun.

Comment

Agreed. A 10 year old will be rocking in no time. One day max in a class.

Comment

Hopefully we will have some snow by then. I want to say Sipapu is the only one open currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Costco was doing a deal for $99/2 but haven’t seen it yet

Comment

Look at the app Liftopia. They sometimes have good deals on lift tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X