No announcement yet.

Grinder Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for a used commercial. They have big trays which is nice. They also blow through a deer and your added fat in minutes. The downside is that they are heavy.

Comment

Bass pro is running a sale on the #12 but it's not till after thanksgiving I believe. It's only $50 off though. My dad went ahead and bought one this past week and he said they already had some marked off of it. Now we have a #8 and a #12. The #8 has worked great for us!

Comment

I have a Cabela's #12 Pro Series. Just ground 10 pounds venison/beef. Works great.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have been using my Cabela's #32 for about 13 years now and it wil flat out get it done fast.

Comment

I have the .75 Cabela's and love it. It should meet all your meat grinding needs.

Comment

Cabellas #42. 4 years now.
              This is a post I did back in 1/14.

This is just my comparison I did back in feb. on #32s.

Here is my review of #32's 1.5 hps.*
              The old #22 was wore out. Let me clarify, we don't cut meat into small squares. We cut long hunks that fit throught the throat. We don't waste time double grinding. Hamburger plate first time through.*

Bought a Lem#32. Used it one time and bolts fell out. It would ball up meat because of the tolerance on the auger and housing. It would bog down on fat. Auger turned too fast. Took it back.

Bought another #32 from Gander. It was better. Auger turned slower so bogging down wasn't a problem. Tolerance on the auger and housing was closer but it would still ball up meat. Still wasn't satisfied.

Bought a #42, same 1.5hp, out of Cabela's and it is the one we are going to keep.
              Turns slower and tolerances on the auger are tight. No meat balling up and no bogging down. Eats it as fast as you feed it.

*01-08-2014, 11:13 AM* #
              Last edited by Old Goat1; 11-18-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Just bought an LEM #12 3/4 hp and it flat out works! Used a little cheapy $49 for the last few years and was amazed at how fast the LEM was. I bought the foot switch and it makes it a lot easier, having both hands free to load and tamp diwn.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a commercial grinder. If you ever think of feeding your dog RAW go ahead and get a Hobart or simular- Grind bones and anything else you can get in neck. If not just get something 3/4 HP or better

Comment

What ever you decide on, I'd recommend getting a foot control pedal. Especially if you're planning on doing Link sausage.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

1 HP Cabelas here and it will eat some meat! I wouldn't go any less than 1 HP for our 4+ deer a year including a big deer sausage making event. You can get it done with less but I like fast and strong.

Comment

Lem

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                        Thanks guys. Cleanup on the LEM looks to be easier. Now of I can find a sale on them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        I bought mine on Amazon few years back ..was best price I found..5y warrety too

I think I rember noticeing that Bass Pro looked like the Rebadged LEM...might be worth check

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          What ever you decide on, I'd recommend getting a foot control pedal. Especially if you're planning on doing Link sausage.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                          I second this as well. Makes a ton of difference. I have the Cabelas 1 HP and I can not slow it down. even with frozen meat.

Vacuum sealers...on the other hand, would not recommend cabelas at all.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                            I have a Cabela's #12 Pro Series. Just ground 10 pounds venison/beef. Works great.
                            That's what I've got. Just got done grinding about 60lbs of meat over 2 evenings and it worked just fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a 1.5 hp / #32 grinder from Cabela's in 2008. It does a great job and I have had no issues at all. I put all of my trimmings in my freezer for about 30 minutes prior to grinding and always run it thru the grinder twice. I run it thru the coarse plate one time only if I am going to use the meat for chili. I buy briskets and arm /chuck roast when they are on sale to make our burger.

Comment

My suggestion is to get one w foot pedal. I got a cabelas 1.5 but no foot pedal. Wish i had the foot pedal.

Comment

Working...
                                X