Home Depot and Lowes - Pickup in Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Depot and Lowes - Pickup in Store

I feel like someone is playing a prank on me with Home Depot and Lowe's order online and pickup in store process. I buy quite a bit of lumber (building 9 deer stands before September) and I usually order online and do the in store pick up so that I don't have to load all the dang lumber myself on one of those crappy carts.

Well I've done about 10 orders online through Home Depot and not a single one has worked. Every time I go up there the order isn't ready or they can't find it. Heck one time I went back the next day and it still wasn't ready. So I decided to change it up thinking there is no way that Lowe's is as bad. Well I was wrong.

I ordered some lumber and went to Lowes to pick it up. I go to the customer service desk and they send me to the Prodesk. The lumber is sitting there with my name on it. There are two workers standing at the Prodesk and not a customer in sight. I said "hey this is my order right here and here is my confirmation". They scratch their heads and say to head to customer service. I tell them that customer service just sent me to them. They explain that they aren't sure how to complete the order. So off I go to customer service and explain that the Prodesk sent me back to them. They call the Prodesk and keep in mind that there isn't a customer in that half of the store. Well they can't get the Prodesk to answer the phone. So they send me back to the Prodesk. I get there and its the same story...they don't know what to do. They try to get me to pay for the items which I already paid for. Finally these two geniuses click a few buttons and say that I'm good to go so I take my lumber and off I go..

Well that was over a month ago and I've received a call about every other day from Lowe's telling me that my order is ready for pickup. I've explained to them on the phone, via email and in person that I already picked up the order. Now the lady who calls is pitching an attitude each time she leaves a voicemail because "shes tired of dealing with my order since its been over a month and I still haven't picked it up". I swear this is the biggest group of idiots.

I would bet that if I went to Lowe's right now there would be a stack of lumber with my name on it. I may just go pick it up again as compensation for all of my time they have wasted.

Anyone else had these kind of experiences with Lowes or Home Depot?

One of the reasons I started using Mccoys again. Prices on lumber are not that far off and sometimes Mccoys is cheaper.

Comment

You sound surprised. I am sure most are not.

I try to buy at the non big box store lumber companies when ever possible.

Comment

This must very by store as I have had really good luck using in store pick up at both.

Comment

I would do just that, go back and pick up "your order"...

Comment

I've used Home Depot pick up several times. Never an issue. The first time I had a similar issue with the Pro Desk vs Customer service and their system was down, but they gave me my stuff. Called the next day and I told them I picked it up when their system was down the day before. They got it straightened out and never a call back. My order has always been ready, but I never go to pick up until I get the emails and/or text notifications. So, I guess to answer your question, my experiences have been pretty good. Maybe it is the location you are dealing with. I've used two different locations for mine and they have both worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              You sound surprised. I am sure most are not.

I try to buy at the non big box store lumber companies when ever possible.
              Me too. That said, I recently purchased a trailer load of lumber for a deck. I had to go the HD route, as they were 23% cheaper than the local "small guy."

Comment

I'm kind of picky about my lumber, I like to pick out myself. You'll end up with a lot of crooked boards if you just take right off the top of the stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                  I feel like someone is playing a prank on me with Home Depot and Lowe's order online and pickup in store process. I buy quite a bit of lumber (building 9 deer stands before September) and I usually order online and do the in store pick up so that I don't have to load all the dang lumber myself on one of those crappy carts.

Well I've done about 10 orders online through Home Depot and not a single one has worked. Every time I go up there the order isn't ready or they can't find it. Heck one time I went back the next day and it still wasn't ready. So I decided to change it up thinking there is no way that Lowe's is as bad. Well I was wrong.

I ordered some lumber and went to Lowes to pick it up. I go to the customer service desk and they send me to the Prodesk. The lumber is sitting there with my name on it. There are two workers standing at the Prodesk and not a customer in sight. I said "hey this is my order right here and here is my confirmation". They scratch their heads and say to head to customer service. I tell them that customer service just sent me to them. They explain that they aren't sure how to complete the order. So off I go to customer service and explain that the Prodesk sent me back to them. They call the Prodesk and keep in mind that there isn't a customer in that half of the store. Well they can't get the Prodesk to answer the phone. So they send me back to the Prodesk. I get there and its the same story...they don't know what to do. They try to get me to pay for the items which I already paid for. Finally these two geniuses click a few buttons and say that I'm good to go so I take my lumber and off I go..

Well that was over a month ago and I've received a call about every other day from Lowe's telling me that my order is ready for pickup. I've explained to them on the phone, via email and in person that I already picked up the order. Now the lady who calls is pitching an attitude each time she leaves a voicemail because "shes tired of dealing with my order since its been over a month and I still haven't picked it up". I swear this is the biggest group of idiots.

I would bet that if I went to Lowe's right now there would be a stack of lumber with my name on it. I may just go pick it up again as compensation for all of my time they have wasted.

Anyone else had these kind of experiences with Lowes or Home Depot?
                  Never had a problem.

Comment

I tried doing it at Lowes in both College Station and Bryan when buying about 20 bags of compost back in the spring. CS Lowes let me order 20 bags and pay for it and when I got there to pick it up they only had 8 bags in the store. Bryan location said they had 100 bags in store but when i got there to pick it up it was a different product entirely.

Comment

I worked at Lowe's in college. It wasn't bad then.

Now it's a race to the bottom. I hate going to either one of those stores or walmart. There are never enough cashiers, and I don't like self checkout unless i only have one or two items. They hire the lowest/cheapest labor they can. Nobody knows anything, and the store manager is always frazzled.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                        I would do just that, go back and pick up "your order"...
                        I bet it isn't ready yet.....

Comment

I've had pretty good luck. When i ordered for a deck/porch rebuild - they bundled the wood and loaded it on my trailer with a forklift. Just order 20% more than you need and return the bad boards.

I went this weekend buying wood to make countertops so wanted to hand pick each board. man i was exhausted just trying to get 15 boards or so (especially in the 10 and 12 inch widths). some were stacked above my head. i don't look forward to doing that again.

I would go pick up your "order" and raise hell if they say it isn't ready! see what happens!

Comment

I've had the opposite expierance. Order online, walk in, get it, and done. Tools to lumber. I spend a lot of time in HD, and Lowes though, and know just about everyone behind the counter, so maybe that helps.

Comment

I've had countless problems picking up online orders from both. Usually my order is ready but it's at the wrong desk (prodesk vs customer service) or they close the online order pick up register altogether and make you wait in the long customer service line.

Completely unacceptable and I call the manager each and every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X