Running shoes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running shoes.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not an expert on running. I have not engaged in competitive sports for several years. At 47 years of age I do still try to run quite a bit. I have beaten my feet up over the years ruck marching and currently have a pretty bad case of plantar fasciitis that comes and goes. I have been fighting that for the last five years. I have tried insoles, shots, splints, socks, and every other thing under the sun. What I have discovered is that there is no substitution for a good shoe.

I have tried Adidas, Asics, Nike, Reebok, New Balance, Under Armour, and several more, with no real success. I thought that I would never be able to run again without killing my feet. A buddy of mine turned me on to Brooks running shoes. I said what the heck and gave them a try. I purchased the Ghost model and immediately it was different from all of the others. I could run further and longer without even half the pain as before. I quickly bought a second pair, this time the Glycerin model. It is equally as good as the Ghost. I have no idea why I did not try them sooner.

If you guys like to run and you have feet issues, give Brooks a try. Maybe you will find your love of running again, or simply enjoy wearing running shoes once more.

They come in 4 different color schemes too, $119.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	10757207.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	24542851

Click image for larger version

Name:	20017629.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	24542852

Comment

I am a big fan of Brooks shoes. My current pair are about worn out.

Comment

I went through a similar situation. Asics Kayano did the trick for me. I do swap out the insoles about every 30 miles and new shoes about every 6 months. It has really helped my PF

Comment

Thank you for your service!

I am 47 and have leg (knee) issues as well. While I don't run long distance much I want to start doing some moderate runs to help with staying in shape. I do play basketball and have noticed a great improvement in reduced knee ailments since I dropped 25 lbs. thanks for the review on the brooks; I will be looking into new running shoes soon.

Comment

I loved my ghosts. I swapped to the launch 4 last year and really like them as well. To add to that, the only reason I went with the launch is I have been focusing on speed more and the launch is slightly more stiff in the heel than the ghost.
            Last edited by be12hunt; 06-15-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

My wife is a nurse and that’s all she wears. She swears by them. I hate running so I wouldn’t know lol.

Comment

You should try Hoka next. I don’t have issues yet wearing ASICS but I only run 10-15 miles a week. My ultra marathon running neighbor says without Hokas he would be done running (and walking).

Comment

I’ve had the same issues with shoes. I don’t run much anymore, but since I coach, I’m on my feet and active all day. I bought a pair of hokas last year and they have been awesome. If the brooks fail you, I would suggest those

Comment

I don't run anymore but I tried the Glycerin and it worked for me but the Asics Nimbus was better.

Comment

The first time I ever tried on a pair of Brooks and walked thru the store, I swore off Nikes forever. The difference is that noticeable to me and they are all that I wear now.

Comment

Under Armour speedform. Closest to being bare footed Ive ever seen. Super comfortable!!

Comment

Love Brooks and have been happy with Mizuno

Comment

Make sure you look at Newton shoes. They are made in the US and have a very unique designed sole. I suffer with a neuroma and after numerals injections and two surgeries followed by a radiation treatment my foot still hurts. Insoles from Take 5 Birkenstock changed my life but wearing the Newtons I don’t even need them.

Comment

Mizuno

Comment

Working...
                              X