Stumpy Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stumpy Deer

I shot this buck this morning (we are MLD). One of my sons shot at him Thanksgiving weekend. We found a few specks of blood but no discernible blood trail. I thought he probably hit the brisket. Three of us looked for an hour that evening and we even went back the next morning and looked some more. Hadn't seen him since then until this morning. How he survived that long amazes me and is a testament to how tough they sure. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	25136250

Wow.

Comment

Wow. So the shot took both front legs out? Crazy. Must have been wild watching him walk out on those things...

Comment

Was he walking when you shot him?

Comment

Looks odd. Any more details?

Comment

Wow....crazy tough animals!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Was he walking when you shot him?
              More like hobbling....I saw him and went ***....then I realized he had to have been the one my son shot at Thanksgiving.....

Comment

That’s crazy how tough they are.

Comment

Wow! I can't tell for sure in the picture, is the right front shot off too? Surprised the coyotes didn't get him between them and now.

Comment

Seriously, how on earth did coyotes not get him?

Comment

Originally posted by Maddies Dad View Post
                      Wow! I can't tell for sure in the picture, is the right front shot off too? Surprised the coyotes didn't get him between them and now.
                      Yes, both legs were shot off. I can't fathom how the coyotes did not get him either. We have had a lot of coyote activity lately. We have snared 5 coyotes in the last three weeks.

Comment

Crazy. He doesn't even look that malnourished, though picture may be misleading.

Comment

Wow! They have a will to live.

Comment

al lI can say is OUCH

Comment

I’m surprised he even got away. I’ve seen deer shot through both legs and they struggled to get up and get away.
                              Also surprised y’all didn’t find a single bone fragment.
                              As for surviving like that for several weeks...I got nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X