Age and Score Jim Wells County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and Score Jim Wells County

I think I have an idea but would like to see others thoughts.

Last edited by hillcountryhunter; 10-14-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Yea I would say 120-125

Comment

What these guys said and 3.5

Comment

Comment

Not much tine length or mass. 115 3.5 year old.

Comment

115 stocky 3 yr old...just a baby with tons of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by mexico View Post
                115 stocky 3 yr old...just a baby with tons of potential.
                x10

Comment

His face is starting to shorten a bit, but I can't get him past 3.5. Still a lot of muscle up on his back and his neck is thinner and connects higher in his chest. Good looking deer that could be really good if he gets a few more years.

Comment

115...3.5 yrs.

Comment

Depends on what part of JW county your hunting you might want to shoot him the first time you see him in daylight. If you can see him in daylight that is... Agreed with above on age and score.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                        Depends on what part of JW county your hunting you might want to shoot him the first time you see him in daylight. If you can see him in daylight that is... Agreed with above on age and score.
                        This is my main concern, though I have come to enjoy feeding and watching them and hopefully getting a shot every few years. This is at our family place just outside of San Diego, but most of my hunting is done at the deer lease. I figure I will just keep pouring the feed to him and give him time and if he and I are lucky enough we will meet up in person a couple years from now.

Comment

We own a little 96 acre ranch in Duval County. Our neighbors seem to be taking bucks every year. We always let the young ones walk, but we rarely see them again in the years that follow. Everything is low fence in that area. The surrounding ranches are 500 acres, 1,000 acres, 1,500 acres, and 800 acres, so we have always been the small guy. Our place in right on the Jim Wells/Duval County line, about 10 miles south of San Diago. This is the first time in 5 years that we've seen a good number of bucks.

Comment

3.5 about 115-120

Comment

Working...
                            X