.22 power on pigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.22 power on pigs?

will a regular .22 LR be lethal to a pig...im talking a head shot. I would think the obvious answer would be yes (given its not a 350 lb boar) but who knows?

Killed a few in the 30 - 60 lb range from 20 yds with my ruger 10/22. Between the eyes or in the ear

Comment

Go to you tube and type in
      "Gamo pig hunt" and watch pellet guns knock down pigs for the rest of the night

Comment

Ear hole shot gets it done every time. CCI Stingers work great.

Comment

I've killed a lot of pigs in my trap with a .22 LR. One shot in/behind the ear will get it done quickly.

Comment

yes sir i shot about a 125 lb one in the ear the other day

Comment

Used to work on a ranch in Lasalle county. We shot tons of pigs with lots of calibers in my opinion a 22lr will definitely kill pigs even big ones with good shot placement. I killed one fair sized boar with a stinger out of an accurized 1022 at 65 yards..probably more luck than skill. The absolute worst pig caliber I ever tried was the 17hmr. 22 mag with cci 40 grain hp was my favorite little pig gun. Almost always put em down out to 100 yards with head shots.

Comment

It doesn't matter how big they are, a .22lr will do it every time if you put it in the right spot.

Comment

All the ones I trap catch a .22 sleeping pill. When I was on the least near Cotulla, always carried my .22 to the blind--hand-corn up close to the blind and when they have their head down and are facing you--pow! right between the eyes & DRT. However, I limited my shots to 25 yds and under.

Comment

if you empty a magazine i think you should be able to drop 'em

Comment

Its all about shot placement but also depends on how far the shot is... wouldnt recommend more than a 50 yard shot. Personally I would use a larger caliber but I know its a heck of a lot cheaper.

Comment

Cant even count the number I've killed with a .22

I know I killed 110 last year from Oct-Jan with a .22, and that aint a 1/10th of em. Behind ear, or hump on head (front or back)......Down goes Frazier!!!!

Comment

Can't wait to bust some pigs and gobblers opening weekend!! Anybody got any recommendations for some good ammo. I have the copper coated hollow points from Federal. I think they are 38 grain.

Comment

I've killed a 1200 lb cow with a .22 between the eyes. It will definitely work on a pig.

Comment

Last deer season,both of my grandsons killed hogs with their Cricket 22 LR....right in the ear hole.....drt

Comment

Working...
                              X