• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landing kings from the rocks is a goal of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Caught those bank fishing????!!?!

Comment

That's a huge jack. There's nothing like hitting the rocks when the smacks are stacked up. Never caught a kingfish before.

Comment

Been jetty fishing for a very long time, but my trip/catch ratio went way up once Ray showed me the ropes/his tactics. I can say this, those rocks are treacherous. No place for anyone that is wanting a leisurely afternoon of fishing. The payoff is great though, I'll always love the bay but I'm finding myself with sand between my toes way more often than I could have ever imagined. With the right gear, conditions, and a little luck those jetties can produce in a big way. Thanks amigo, this trip was time well spent. And Clark, you are correct, you better be holding on when one of the water rockets smashes your plug.

Comment

Glad yawl caught Bob hall was a bust

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice amigos....very nice!

Comment

Wow thats awesome

Comment

King from the rocks is pretty cool. They are fun as heck to catch around rigs, Im sure they run the same when they are hooked at the rocks as they do at the rigs.

Comment

Great work guys, looks like ya'll walked way out there. Did ya'll see any Tarpon rolling?

Comment

I know sandfest is this weekend, the tarpon inn
                      just opened back up. great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                        Great work guys, looks like ya'll walked way out there. Did ya'll see any Tarpon rolling?
                        No tarpon, saw one ling landed and another one cruising along the rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                          Caught those bank fishing????!!?!

Yes sir we did. Off the Port A south jetty.

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                          Man, that’s awesome! Wife and I have talked about heading down there soon. How are things coming with the rebuild of the stores, restaurants, etc.?

Everything seems to be coming alive again. Still lots of repairs needed. It’ll take years for it to be completely restored. Plenty of restaurants, stores and lodging open though. Head that way and show them some support.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettH View Post
                              King from the rocks is pretty cool. They are fun as heck to catch around rigs, Im sure they run the same when they are hooked at the rocks as they do at the rigs.
                              The run harder offshore. But more fun to catch off the jetty IMO. I caught one years and years ago that was 5' long off the north jetty. When I was young I'd stay 3 days on the north jetty camping/fishing at the "shark shack".

When will you be using the jacks to try for sharks?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                The run harder offshore. But more fun to catch off the jetty IMO. I caught one years and years ago that was 5' long off the north jetty. When I was young I'd stay 3 days on the north jetty camping/fishing at the "shark shack".

When will you be using the jacks to try for sharks?

Already did. See my latest post. [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X