My largest Bow Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My largest Bow Buck

I got the privilege of hunting a ranch in George West this weekend. I have had to opportunity to hunt in South Texas many times but I've never seen it so green in all the time I've hunted there. The green, mixed with the full moon, and strange weather patterns had me a bit worried on what we would see. I got to the ranch Friday afternoon and shortly afterwards we were on our way to the blinds. Not very long after getting in the stand I had a few younger deer filter in and start eating. About 10 min after the feeder went off I could hear deer back behind me and I slowly turned and could see two bucks eating but couldn't really tell much about them. About 10 minutes later one of the bucks started working to the feeder and when he was just to it, the second buck just busted full speed to the feeder to push him away. I had almost convinced myself that I would shoot the first buck until the second one came in. He had a big body and looked good. He was quartered away and the other buck's backside was about 5 inches to the right of my aim point and blocking the big bucks head. They had no idea I was there until I released the Grim Reaper and it hit him good. My only worry was that the arrow was barely in him when he wheeled out from under the feeder. I waited for about 15 min and then went to look. I found blood about 10 yards from the feeder and another 35 yards to the deer. When we were dressing him we found out that the arrow had penetrated all the way from the back of the ribcage to the front shoulder and then backed out. They aged him at 7.5, his live weight was 196 and he scored 125 1/4". Not a monster but I am very proud of both the shot and the deer.
    Attached Files

Great deer. Big bellied sucker. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on the bow kill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats

Comment

Beautiful buck, graduations.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great buck, congrats

Comment

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats good looking buck.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Way to go. Congrats

Comment

Atta boy. Awesome

Comment

Heck ya, thats a good deer. Congrats !!!

Comment

Nice one! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X