Annual Sausage fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Sausage fest

Sorry for the late post but been busy with work and getting caught up around the house since deer season. Last weekend we held our annual sausage fest and had a blast. This year we did it over 3 days instead of just 2 seeing how we got a little too sauced last year and made more pan sausage than we did links. Well anyways Friday we did all the running around getting the pork butts, keg, spices from zachs, and a new meat mixer (Which is way worth it, no more freezing hands). Friday night we ground all the deer meat and pork and mixed in the spices and had everything ready to go for stuffing the next day. Saturday we got started around 3 and got the smokehouse going (we used hickory and mesquite by the way) and stuffed all of the ground meat this time. We ended up making 200# of links and 20# of snack sticks which are awesome, gonna have to make some more of those they go fast. We smoked the sausage for around 5 hours and while that was going on I found out I am terrible at darts. Sunday woke up late and vacuum sealed all the links and snack sticks. All in all was a great weekend hanging out with friends, telling lies, and drinking way too much.
    Attached Files

that dawg 'll hunt!

Comment

Nice job, what brand of vacuum sealer do you use. We have bought a couple and none of them last very long.

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Great job, looks amazing...

Comment

Wow send me some

Comment

Im hungry now.

Comment

Nice setup!

Comment

Looks like you've got the process down, looks good

Comment

I love jalApeno sausage! Cold smoke or hot? How do you know when they are done?

Comment

Originally posted by fleaboy View Post
                        Nice job, what brand of vacuum sealer do you use. We have bought a couple and none of them last very long.
                        they are both Foodsavers, I have one of the original ones and it still works great but I just bought the new g300 (the one in camo). They have made some changes in design and make it a lot faster and easier to get a seal.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                          I love jalApeno sausage! Cold smoke or hot? How do you know when they are done?
                          Hot smoke until internal temp 163 degrees. Last year we cold smoked them for 5 hours and they turned out great too though

Comment

Working...
                          X