No announcement yet.

"Why do we need assault weapons?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emotions run unfettered during a tragedy like this. It's when our lawmakers get caught up in emotion that bad laws get passed. Logic almost never prevails...guns, welfare, healthcare, take your pick.

Anytime something is banned, a new criminal enterprise is created.

Comment

Reading trough here I can pretty much see u have already gotten enough answers, and I'm sure ALL of them went in te direction you thought they would. I am a gun activist and will die before your gonna come take mine away from me, tough to understand how your friends with someone who is against you on the beliefs on guns??? Guns don't kill people, people kill people, just like alcohol don't kill people, it's the people that are irresponsible and abuse it that kill and harm others due to alcohol. Ban guns, ban alcohol, ban drugs, ban whatever you want irresponsible people are still gonna find something&abuse it and it will get outta control and hurt others

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        This guy was going to kill people no matter what he used, look at what he did with his apt. If he did not have access to guns, then it looked like he would have devised bombs and or a chemical that would have just killed the same number or even more in the theatre.

You give the anti gun crowd an inch, they will want a mile.
        Originally posted by GregH View Post
        Emotions run unfettered during a tragedy like this. It's when our lawmakers get caught up in emotion that bad laws get passed. Logic almost never prevails...guns, welfare, healthcare, take your pick.

Anytime something is banned, a new criminal enterprise is created.
        thanks to both of the gentlemen for having sense to look beyond the first page!
        Wierd how folks tell someone NOT to be friends because of an issue. Duh, guess yall live a very boring existence.

Comment

Tobacco kills more people then guns so, why not ban tobacco. Just another example.

Comment

Tell ur friend I can put about 300 push pin in a sock with a hole and swing the heck out of it. That would fit the style of injuring many people at one time. Is he planning on banning socks and tacks????

Comment

Crazy people are always going to be crazy........can't outlaw crazy.

Take away guns and they will be strapping IED's to their chest. More gun control is not the answer. As a matter of fact, I say less gun control may be the answer, an armed citizen may have been able to end this quickly.

Comment

cuz the bad guys have them...I should too

Comment

Why do we need someone deciding(for us) it's in our best interest to not have them?

Comment

Cars kill more people thanks guns ever do, are they gonna ban them next?

Comment

I respectfully agree with what everyone is saying and it seems like we are all on the same side. Let's stick to the question though. Why do we need assault rifles??? ..... And I must say this, if a drug cartel rolls up to your deer lease, you are probably in big trouble no matter how many AR's you have.

Comment

I have an assault rifle for two reasons... Assault anyone who enters my sanctuary unwelcomed and warned (maybe) and assault any and all corn thieves and feral swine that shall impede on my deers sanctuary unwelcomed.

Do we really need these things? Yes, I may not use mine for the same purposes as the next person but mine is a precise and efficient tool that I use on a weekly basis. I don't use it for mass shootings of human beings for the reason that I am a law abiding, level headed American citizen. That should give me the right to own whatever the hell I want. Be it a .50 cal or a 100rd mag for my 10/22. The person that made the comment on Facebook is prob one who would want to ban assault rifles and let the guy in colorado plead insanity. Ok I'm done got a bit carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                          Why do we need someone deciding(for us) it's in our best interest to not have them?
                          ^^ Well said!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343012134.883343.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	24096784I have them because it's my right to!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343012171.323531.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	24096785Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343012184.516353.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	24096786

Comment

To impose even one ban of any sort would be to start the downward spiral of the 2ND Amenment right.

Comment

I don't own any WEAPONS. They are firearms, simple little machines that function very well when maintained. They aren't weapons until they are used against a person for either defense or attack. Under the definition of a weapon, a baseball bat can become a weapon or a car or anything else.
                                Hilter didn't kill millions with guns. He used many other methods and was able to do so becuase he took away their guns first!

Comment

Working...
                                X