No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose I should chime in with my thoughts just to compare. Here's what I see:

Both sides amazingly balanced. The left side actually has more inches of typical antler but the right side has 2 kickers which balance total inches almost perfectly.

mass--~36" though no higher than 38" which is light for top end deer on the farm.
    main beams--I'm going with 25" ea. though they could be a bit longer.
    tines--the wild card. Minimum of 45" side though maybe as much as 48" side
    width --~18"

If anything I would take the over on any of those measurements which creates a range of ~195-200" . If forced to narrow it down on pure speculation knowing how these deer are often bigger than I think I'm going with 198-200 with max top side of 202" .

I tried to get him last year when I think he was a bit bigger but only saw him once, middle of the day, driving to the barn. Hopefully this year different as I think he is 7.

Comment

His tine length is world class. I had similar numbers to you putting him in the high 190s. Good luck hunting him this year.

Comment

200” even

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got 195, without seeing the 2 kickers.

Comment

Thanks for the replies all, that was fun. The 12 pt is the easy one [ the score spread was only 195-235 ] The hopeful news is that we can get a precise score as the season unfolds. I'll report.

Now for a challenging one. Here is a 6 yr old nontypical that is a bit more complicated. What do the pundits think this guy will score? Several pics to help with the task. No plans to hunt him this yr. so all answers will be right

A little detail to clarify the pics. He has 6 kickers on his left. G2 and 6 brow tines total, all on a 9 pt frame. Lets see the guesses. AS a comparative I have seen the 10 pt in photo with him and think he scares 180
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow what a buck! If that 10 is 180 ish , I’m guessing 220 or more ?

Comment

Geez
                250?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  Geez
                  250?

You ain’t wrong!! Lol 238” my guess

Comment

198” Amazing deer.

Comment

215ish. It tells the story when he makes the deer next to him in that first pic look like a baby.

Comment

Trying to help a little bit the 10 that is beside him is the same one in pic 2474 at bottom. As I said, I have seen that deer with binocs and no question in my mind he is 175+

Comment

I got 207 adding him up. Hell of a buck Rusty!

Comment

211 is what I got

Comment

I got 212"

Comment

Since there weren't many courageous enough to try the non typical here's one that should be simpler. Hey, he's just a 6 pt. Should be easy. And yes with luck we will be able to see who comes closest. Just another farm " cull"
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X