No announcement yet.

Art of the Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Trump gets elected, I will be praying hard for the opportunity to eat crow.

Comment

Originally posted by texaggie17 View Post
      See, but my support of Trump is not in order to irk people. I'm not giving other people the middle finger at all. I like Trump exactly because he is not a politician. I know he is not the most conservative candidate, and I'm actually okay with that. I do know he's switched positions on many policies in the past 30 years and I am also okay with that because people do change their minds (see Ronald Reagan) and see the better side of things. I used to be 100% Cruz, up to about 6 weeks ago. Cruz's demeanor is awful, he can't work with anybody, and is basically the middle finger of the senate. He's also been a politician just about his WHOLE life. I get that he "stands up for his values", but the way he goes about it alienates many people who are on the fence (away from conservative ideals). Trump by no means is close to being the perfect candidate, but he IS NOT A POLITICIAN. I want a businessman in the oval office, and so do many other Americans who are fed up.

If you don't want to vote for Trump after he wins, that's fine. That's your right as an American. Luckily, in Texas Trump won't need your vote. By not showing up at the polls, you are exemplifying the reason people don't like Cruz, he is unwilling to work with anyone but himself. For the record, if Cruz does some how beat Trump, I will vote for him. I think it is extremely important that Hillary does not win. Keep spewing hate at Trump, you're helping his cause.
      Wow well said

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        If you make your voting decisions on not liking what 2-3 people have to say rather than on what the actual candidates' records are, well.... It's certainly you're right, but do you really believe that's the wisest way to make your decision?

I could have sworn the previous 300 post you and the Ohioan have made, bashing Trump was so that you 2-3 could persuade other to vote for y'alls boy...

****, I must have been wrong!!!! [emoji5]

Comment

Exactly.

Trump fans don't like Cruz because he went against the establishment, called them liars to their faces, and stood up for constitutional principles.

Trump fans like Trump because they think that he will fight against the establishment, tell them like it is right to their faces, and he'll stand up for constitutional principles to make America great again.

I'm really confused on whether they like or dislike a politically incorrect anti-establishment guy who is man enough to stand and tell it like it is. Personally, I like that kind of guy. I like him even better if he's sincere and committed to it though, and not just putting on a fake show during campaign season.
          The problem with this argument is that for the most part what I've seen is that most Trump supporters have Cruz as their second choice. The majority don't hate the guy, they just like Trump more. I'll be voting for whoever the candidate is on election day, not gonna hold my vote back just because I can't have my way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Slammer View Post
            The problem with this argument is that for the most part what I've seen is that most Trump supporters have Cruz as their second choice. The majority don't hate the guy, they just like Trump more. I'll be voting for whoever the candidate is on election day, not gonna hold my vote back just because I can't have my way.

Neither am I. I won't vote for any candidate that would be a disaster for the country though. I hear lots of Trump supporters say that they like Cruz too. The only way to like both is to believe that Trump isn't a liar though, and Trump's supporters believe him, obviously. I don't. Trump and Cruz aren't anything at all alike in their beliefs or in how they'd govern, if elected. If Trump is a liar (and I believe that he is), there isn't any way to support both of them. They're night and day.

We're both right about Cruz - he is a real constitutional conservative.

One of us is terribly wrong about Trump. If he gets elected, I pray it's me.

Comment

See, but my support of Trump is not in order to irk people. I'm not giving other people the middle finger at all. I like Trump exactly because he is not a politician. I know he is not the most conservative candidate, and I'm actually okay with that. I do know he's switched positions on many policies in the past 30 years and I am also okay with that because people do change their minds (see Ronald Reagan) and see the better side of things. I used to be 100% Cruz, up to about 6 weeks ago. Cruz's demeanor is awful, he can't work with anybody, and is basically the middle finger of the senate. He's also been a politician just about his WHOLE life. I get that he "stands up for his values", but the way he goes about it alienates many people who are on the fence (away from conservative ideals). Trump by no means is close to being the perfect candidate, but he IS NOT A POLITICIAN. I want a businessman in the oval office, and so do many other Americans who are fed up.

If you don't want to vote for Trump after he wins, that's fine. That's your right as an American. Luckily, in Texas Trump won't need your vote. By not showing up at the polls, you are exemplifying the reason people don't like Cruz, he is unwilling to work with anyone but himself. For the record, if Cruz does some how beat Trump, I will vote for him. I think it is extremely important that Hillary does not win. Keep spewing hate at Trump, you're helping his cause.

^^^^ exactly, well stated!

Comment

If you make your voting decisions on not liking what 2-3 people have to say rather than on what the actual candidates' records are, well.... It's certainly you're right, but do you really believe that's the wisest way to make your decision?
                Shane I will promise you that I am just as conservative as you. This election is not about that IMO unfortunately. It's way more complicated than that this go around.... It's about keeping The Clinton machine out of the Oval Office.

Are you actually saying that not voting PERIOD is better than voting for Trump, if he gets the nod?? If you are then you are wrong my friend. Bad wrong..
                That is very bad advice.... I have until Tuesday to decide who my choice will be. It's down to 3 and Rubio is not 1 of them.. I'm split at the moment but I will do anything and everything possible to keep the Clintons out of DC and I will support whoever is named the nominee. This is why my decision is costing me sleep. This will be a defining moment in this country and this election will have a drastic affect on my children's future and the future of this country..

If you take your Ball and go home and the democrats win, then you will be part of the problem.. Hang your head in shame..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Shane I will promise you that I am just as conservative as you. This election is not about that IMO unfortunately. It's way more complicated than that this go around.... It's about keeping The Clinton machine out of the Oval Office.

Are you actually saying that not voting PERIOD is better than voting for Trump, if he gets the nod?? If you are then you are wrong my friend. Bad wrong..
                  That is very bad advice.... I have until Tuesday to decide who my choice will be. It's down to 3 and Rubio is not 1 of them.. I'm split at the moment but I will do anything and everything possible to keep the Clintons out of DC and I will support whoever is named the nominee. This is why my decision is costing me sleep. This will be a defining moment in this country and this election will have a drastic affect on my children's future and the future of this country..

If you take your Ball and go home and the democrats win, then you will be part of the problem.. Hang your head in shame..
                  Then I suggest you do some research between now and Tuesday. You are correct. It is very important this election.

Comment

I agree that the stakes in this election are huge. The thought of any Democrat in the White House again, much less Hillary, is sickening to me. I truly believe that Trump is just as evil and just as bad as Hillary though, and the thought of him in the White House is equally sickening to me - literally sickening. My opinion of Trump is based on his actions and his record.

I think it would be awesome if there was a true statesman businessman who was a true champion of limited government constitutional conservative principles interested in running for president so that he could work to turn the nation around for the better. I get the appeal of what everybody wishes Trump was. But I don't believe for a second that who he has recently begun claiming to be is the real him. His lifetime of being the opposite of that guy tells me I'd be a fool to believe his recent words that we all wish were true.

Beyond that, much of what he is saying now is truly crazy. You better hope he's lying about some of the stuff he's saying. If he's truly serious about killing people and doing away with freedom of the press and other similarly insane things, then he'll be much worse than I believe him to be. I think he's lying about all that stuff too though. He's just a blowhard bully who is willing to say anything to get attention and anything to get a crowd worked up into a frenzy. He's good at it. If that skill begins to go to his head, it truly could get dangerous. But I think he's just a liar. I think he's just a big city liberal who wants to cash in big through government, just like all the rest of them.

Either way, I am convinced that voting for him would make me part of the problem. I'm sick of the problem. I'd rather vote for somebody that I KNOW would work hard to be a part of the solution. If I am faced with a choice between two candidates that are both seeking to advance the problem, it's gonna be real hard to vote for either one.

But, even more simply.....all the polls keep showing that the only Republican candidate that loses to Hillary is Trump. If all we want to do is beat her, we need to vote for anybody other than Trump.

Comment

I agree that the stakes in this election are huge. The thought of any Democrat in the White House again, much less Hillary, is sickening to me. I truly believe that Trump is just as evil and just as bad as Hillary though, and the thought of him in the White House is equally sickening to me - literally sickening. My opinion of Trump is based on his actions and his record.

I think it would be awesome if there was a true statesman businessman who was a true champion of limited government constitutional conservative principles interested in running for president so that he could work to turn the nation around for the better. I get the appeal of what everybody wishes Trump was. But I don't believe for a second that who he has recently begun claiming to be is the real him. His lifetime of being the opposite of that guy tells me I'd be a fool to believe his recent words that we all wish were true.

Beyond that, much of what he is saying now is truly crazy. You better hope he's lying about some of the stuff he's saying. If he's truly serious about killing people and doing away with freedom of the press and other similarly insane things, then he'll be much worse than I believe him to be. I think he's lying about all that stuff too though. He's just a blowhard bully who is willing to say anything to get attention and anything to get a crowd worked up into a frenzy. He's good at it. If that skill begins to go to his head, it truly could get dangerous. But I think he's just a liar. I think he's just a big city liberal who wants to cash in big through government, just like all the rest of them.

Either way, I am convinced that voting for him would make me part of the problem. I'm sick of the problem. I'd rather vote for somebody that I KNOW would work hard to be a part of the solution. If I am faced with a choice between two candidates that are both seeking to advance the problem, it's gonna be real hard to vote for either one.

But, even more simply.....all the polls keep showing that the only Republican candidate that loses to Hillary is Trump. If all we want to do is beat her, we need to vote for anybody other than Trump.
                      That mindset is the very reason he is the only candidate that loses to Hillary in polls. I know in Texas it doesn't matter, but a no vote is a vote for the Democrat if that vote would otherwise go to the Republican.

Comment

Neither am I. I won't vote for any candidate that would be a disaster for the country though. I hear lots of Trump supporters say that they like Cruz too. The only way to like both is to believe that Trump isn't a liar though, and Trump's supporters believe him, obviously. I don't. Trump and Cruz aren't anything at all alike in their beliefs or in how they'd govern, if elected. If Trump is a liar (and I believe that he is), there isn't any way to support both of them. They're night and day.

We're both right about Cruz - he is a real constitutional conservative.

One of us is terribly wrong about Trump. If he gets elected, I pray it's me.

constitutional conservative is the new keyword.

of which, none of the GOP candidates are. if they were they wouldn't be trying to delay SCOTUS appts.

no where in the constitution does it mention election years or delays or let the people decide.

sorry, but the people decided in 2012 election.

Comment

Can you expound on what it is about Trump that is different than what you apparently dislike about "politicians"? I see Trump as the consummate politician. He's the guy that keeps the corrupt politicians in power with his financial support, and in return he has a measure of power over them to use for his own benefit. He is the very guy he derides when he lies about being self-funding and not being beholden to "special interests". You don't like politicians and the political system, yet Trump enables and supports it. He IS the Establishment. Have you seen the video clips of him talking about how he's friends with Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, loves Hillary Clinton, etc. This fiction that Trump is not part of the corrupt political system is just that, a Fiction.

Comment

I would vote for any other Republican candidate besides Cruz - except for Trump. I'm not talking about taking my ball and going home if my guy doesn't win. Scott Walker was my first choice, actually. Cruz is the best remaining candidate if you are a constitutional conservative, so that's who I voted for. But I will be fine if he doesn't get the nomination, as long as Trump doesn't. Heck, Trump is the guy that constantly threatens to run as an independent if the GOP doesn't nominate him.

Trump is a complete fraud. Maybe you have bought his lines about how he's changed. That's fine. I haven't. He bragged a couple weeks ago, in fact, about how he can be completely different any time he wants to be. He has zero commitment to any principles. He just says whatever he needs to say right now, and if he decides tomorrow that it would be better for him to say the opposite, he will. And he won't hesitate or feel bad about it at all. He won't care who was counting on him to keep his word either. He never has.

He's gonna have another life-changing epiphany as soon as the primary is over and the media starts coming after him hard with the mountains of evidence out there that shows what a horrible guy he is. He'll probably decide it will be time to try to get back on the media's and the left's good side. He'll once again discover that he's a NY liberal who loves big government spending and deal making with establishment career politicians, hates evil "assault weapons", loves Planned Parenthood, etc....

I'm not saying all this to make you or anybody else mad. I'm just trying to point out the reality of who the guy is before votes are cast. He's a very effective manipulator, and he's grown quite a following among people who claim to hate everything that he is. I'd sure like to see those folks wake up to reality before it's too late. That's all. It's kinda important.
                            X 1,000,000

But don't confuse them with the facts, because, after all, he's "going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it!"

Comment

Exactly.

Trump fans don't like Cruz because he went against the establishment, called them liars to their faces, and stood up for constitutional principles.

Trump fans like Trump because they think that he will fight against the establishment, tell them like it is right to their faces, and he'll stand up for constitutional principles to make America great again.

I'm really confused on whether they like or dislike a politically incorrect anti-establishment guy who is man enough to stand and tell it like it is. Personally, I like that kind of guy. I like him even better if he's sincere and committed to it though, and not just putting on a fake show during campaign season.
                              You get it. Big Time.

Comment

For the economy, the military, the vets, and creating jobs.... I prefer Trump.
                                My biggest issue with Cruz is his non ability to get along nor deal with others. When it comes to creating jobs he will be a disaster. Sure, he knows constitutional law better than anyone on that stage. But, egotistical lawyers are not rare. Job creating billionaires that get things done and will put the right people in the right places are. Having the right people serve in the right position is what makes a president. Cruz will have a tough time getting the best to work for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X