Census agriculture required by law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Census agriculture required by law

Anyone get the USDA census of agriculture?

Do you return them?

It says required by law. What law?

I always fill it out and return it. No big deal IMO.

Comment

Yep, every 5 years or so? They seem to be more involved every time.

Comment

I have gotten it the last two years. I have complied, but...the required by law makes me laugh.

Comment

I got it in the mail but haven't opened it yet.

Comment

Just got it.

Comment

I got one last year and checked "No Longer Farming", got another one this year and threw it out, they sent another one and I threw it out too

It said something about they would come to the house, so let them come.

Comment

Yep did mine

Comment

I threw the first one away. I received my second one today.

24 pages! I know some of it you don't have to fill out but dang.

On a brief read through, it looked like everything I send to the IRS and then some. Worries me about how much and what kinds of information they are asking for. What happens if you don't send it back? Do I go to jail or get fined?

I really don't like giving any information to the government, not because I have anything to hide, I just don't trust how it will be used. And what happens if I make a mistake?

The government already knows to much about our personal lives and business. When was the last time that the government having detailed info about you been a good thing?

I'm not a tin foil hat kinda guy....but I have some Reynolds in the pantry.

Comment

I get one almost every year. Just fill it out and send it back. No big deal.

Comment

I filled it out, but can't guarantee the accuracy since I didn't have three weeks to do the research it would have required to do so. I don't remember it ever being so detailed as it was this year and I have to admit that I found many of the questions highly offensive, so I just answered them off the top of my head to the best of my ability. They send someone to our house every single year to see why we didn't answer their swine farming survey (we're a hog hunting ranch, not a pork producer...duh!) and we just tell them the same thing every year..."you just wasted a trip out here".

Comment

Mine was due back on feb 4 I sent it back feb 3rd. My wife fills out as much as she can since she is my bookkeeper then I finish it out . it takes several hours,,,,,Since I don't get any money from government I hate filling it out....Maybe I will get me a Lone Star card ....Then I can sit here all day long at the house and watch deer grazing across the coastal field...i need get off here and go down to seguin and watch the cattle auction to see what that black angus heifer sale for.....Andy

Comment

if you want to keep your ag exemption you need to fill it out and return it.

Comment

I filled mine out over a month ago and sent it back. I think the due date on mine was the end of January. They ask way too many questions on that survey!

Comment

Just write "not interested" on the front page. They LOVE that!

Comment

Working...
                              X