No announcement yet.

Fall Wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't go to wedding during hunting season... period.

Planning births? Did it... out first was born end of December, our daughter (middle) in June and our youngest also end of December. With our youngest, i was in my stand 2 weeks before he was born and back in my tree stand when he was 1 week old. He's also been going to the stand with me since that next season when he was 10 months old... we actually held off getting pregnant with the youngest for 4 months until he would have at least been due after a majority of hunting season...

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
      Still picked the wrong date.

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      My fiancé told me NOTHING would change after we married. Many years, later that liar is my wife.
      There's a difference between what an engaged woman says she's gonna do once your married, & what she actually does.

Choose wisely grasshopper.

10 years happily married To the love of my life. 9/20/03
      2 kids. 11/1/09 & 8/9/13. We seem to always find a way to make it work.

Comment

I got married in February, but I thought it out...
        I got engaged in April and no one wants to wait more than a year. My wife said something about December and I replied, "I'll be the only one standing at the alter as all of my friends will be in A) a deer stand or B) a duck blind. Is that what you really want?"

It wasn't.

I took the "light" off of me and put on the people that we both cared about. I can stand to lose one weekend of hunting a year. Now with a young family I don't get to hunt as much as I once did. It's just not as important now as it was. But then, and even still, my best friend take time off to go hunt, and I thought it was selfish of us to ask them to give that up.

There are a lot of other weekends in the year. Save those in November and December hunting, be them for you or your friends.

Comment

I got married on sept 14. went on my honeymoon. after it was over. it was bow hunting time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
            Does she hunt?
            She does not, she likes visiting the lease, but has yet to be there when I harvest an animal. I don't think she will want to celebrate with a lease trip.

The controversy is over. She chose April has her wedding month. She wants a wedding with about 200 guest, and I think we need the extra time for us and the family to save up for the wedding. Actually not real sure about what the parents have, but I know if they cost anything like a diamond ring, we need the extra time to save.

Thank you everyone for the insight into your lives. It seems no one has had an issue with anniversaries, a few weddings might have been missed, but nothing effecting you to much. I think she likes have summer birthdays for the kids, so I might be spared in the that department.

Thanks again.

Comment

October 29th here. No regrets, I love my wife and was hunting the allday after we were married. Good woman.

Comment

Working...
              X