No announcement yet.

Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a little 9 pointer on 3B Saturday morning. It was the most active hunt I’ve seen. Bucks trotting back and forth with their nose down. I saw 7 bucks and 1 doe. I apologize to whoever put a trail cam in 3B, I setup right in front of your camera ***oops***

Comment

Nice, way to go. Hope you smiled for the game camera![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
        Nice, way to go. Hope you smiled for the game camera![emoji23]
        I did! Smiled and waved. I tried to look up sign language to say “I’m sorry” but my cell service was spotty

Comment

Let me know if you here anything about 11. I’ll be there in two weeks.

Comment

Nice job man! I'll be out in unit 3 in a couple weeks. Hopefully some will still out running around. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a nice 8 point in Unit 14 yesterday. Nice mature buck around 125". Having trouble posting pictures. If someone can assist i will send them out.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
                Got a nice 8 point in Unit 14 yesterday. Nice mature buck around 125". Having trouble posting pictures. If someone can assist i will send them out.
                Nice! I’ll PM you my email address

Comment

pics sent

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
                    Great buck! I’d say at least 130” plus very mature. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats. Glad there was some success.

We saw bucks fighting and had an opportunity at hogs but couldn't put it all together. We had scouted trails but didn't see any deer scat, rubs other than an old one, nor scrapes. The bucks were 400 yards away. I think unit 9 has too much undisturbed bcnws land surrounding it. Deer had no reason to move into the unit. If there were does there, they were in the thick junipers. If we had another Couple days to scout we may have discovered their pattern. Still, had a great time.

Comment

That's a good point, jnd1959, I should've mentioned that the buck I harvested was just over 300yds away. I'll probably put in again next year just because it's fairly close to me and was a gorgeous property.

Comment

Nice looking deer. Given the odds I'd say you did better than good.

Comment

ya'll have me excited about my dec 7-9 hunt...i know it won't be the rut, but at least you are seeing and killing quality deer!

Comment

Headed up tonight. Orientation tomorrow at noon. Drove by last week, looks pretty thick with Cedar but google earth shows some openings. Anxious to see what’s up out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                                Headed up tonight. Orientation tomorrow at noon. Drove by last week, looks pretty thick with Cedar but google earth shows some openings. Anxious to see what’s up out there.

have fun and shoot as many as you legally can

Comment

Working...
                                X