Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could HR count this against a job candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could HR count this against a job candidate?

Interviewed for a sales related position that requires working 6 days a week 90% of the time, but only typical hours. However my background involves working 7 days a week and much longer hours outdoors across large areas. There were times I worked as many hours in two weeks that might usually be done in three or more. Possessing time management skills to complete multiple tasks is crucial. Am speculating HR may think of me as being too much of a go-getter for the position applied for. While there I inquired about promotion possibilities too. Have been promoted in the past and worked my tail off to get there. Apparently I asked detailed questions that they aren’t used to and have a personal interest in the company that goes beyond the job.

IDK.....but working 7 days a week, long hours is on the bottom of my priorty list. I'm shooting for a 3/13's job......I don't even need 40!

Comment

I doubt it.....if it is a legitimate organization.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

They may feel you are over qualified and think you will get bored and leave. If that is the case they may pass on you in favor of another candidate.

Comment

If it’s a good company, working “too much” would never count against you.

Comment

I highly doubt this will be viewed as negative. They aren't going to care that you worked a lot at your last job. What they will care about is whether or not you exhibit the skills/willingness to perform at the standard required by the job they are interviewing you for.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              IDK.....but working 7 days a week, long hours is on the bottom of my priorty list. I'm shooting for a 3/13's job......I don't even need 40!
              I heard that.

Comment

How long you work a day / week doesnt really mean anything if the job isnt getting done.

Comment

Is this a weird way to give yourself a pat on the back or a legit question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To answer your question.....sure they could count it against you.....and maybe they won’t. I have hired a bunch of folks and I do not recall turning away those I thought were “go-getters”.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Dang overachievers!

I'm shooting for 3-10s!

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

This

Comment

For me when someone talks on and on about how hard they worked at their old job, it turns me away hiring them.

Comment

Sales is always 24-7 if you want to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

#HumbleBrag

Comment

Working...
                              X