FM right-of-ways ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FM right-of-ways ...

What are the official measurements of FM road right-of-ways? And are they the same state-wide?
    Needing to fence along one of these and there no markings or whatever.

I dont know but those ROWs are some of the best deer country in the state.

Comment

Can't answer your questions but the area engineer that works for TxDot probably could. Get in touch with the local TxDot office and they could lead you to him.

Comment

They can vary greatly depending on design speed, road width, when/where they were built, etc. Your best bet is to contact your county appraisal district which should have your property survey. Sometimes this stuff is online, but usually just a basic parcel map. TxDOT is the next step.
        Last edited by jdg13; 06-08-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working for a local government I deal with ROW's every day. While there are some standard sizes, 50', 60', 80' etc. there are many that are odd ball sizes. 55', 68', 125' etc. And a ROW can even be variable (60' at this corner, 50' a block away). Your best bet would be to contact TxDot. They should have ROW maps that give the ROW width for all of their roads. You may also be able to locate something on their website. I've had limited success locating TxDot plans online while designing water and sewer projects.

Comment

Try this link to see if you can locate what you need online.

Comment

Do you have your survey?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                Do you have your survey?
                is not on mine, at least that ROW isn't.

Comment

Only way know for sure is to have a surveyor come out and stake your property lines.

Comment

Leave extra space for those that drive Dodge trucks.lol

Comment

Originally posted by crittergetter76 View Post
                      Try this link to see if you can locate what you need online.

https://maps.dot.state.tx.us/AGO_Tem...de423165516843

thx, my area isn't offered as a selection. Called and supposedly the DOT has ROW maps at their office, guess I have to go by there.

Comment

I have seen where a landowner still owns the ROW. One is south of Mirando City. Not good when you are placing a utility on what you thought was public turns out to be private.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          thx, my area isn't offered as a selection. Called and supposedly the DOT has ROW maps at their office, guess I have to go by there.
                          They have always been very helpful to me when looking for ROW maps in person. Good luck!

Comment

You need to get the property line surveyed or have a surveyor show you the existing corner marker.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              Do you have your survey?
                              It's just that simple. Survey your line and then you'll know.

Comment

Working...
                              X