How many 50 lb bags of corn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many 50 lb bags of corn....

will fit in an 85 gallon feeder (with funnel)?

Karl at Ultramatic is gonna convert my 55's to 85's soon in anticipation of finding a new lease (trying to think positive!). Just wondering how many bags they hold. Thanks.

I suck at math or I could be like Steve Scott (Cull) and come up with a calculus equation and figure it out down to the kernel with a volume per second distribution factor to determine the date/time/hour/minute that my feeder would run dry.

about 551.36lb.

Comment

well if 50 gallon one holds 7-8 maybe 9 bags, then i would say 13-14 bags? just a guess there with little math involved hope it helps ya a little bit

Comment

Guessing 11 or 12 bags depending if it has a funnel in it.

Comment

My 55gal feeder holds 300#, sooo...an 85gal should hold 463.675#'s or 9.274 50# bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            about 551.36lb.
            Dang engineers.

Comment

Dang...it ranges from 9 to 14 bags.

Maybe I should have asked if anyone actually has an 85 gallon feeder! =)

Comment

My answer was gonna be "I don't know" just cause I don't have one!

Comment

chew you asked senor! you asked , and i told

let me give you this answr. its holds alot. thats an honest up front, truthful answer. haha

Comment

My 85 gallon buckets hold 11 bags, but I don't use funnels.

Comment

Educated guess: My 55 gallon feeders without funnel hold slightly over 7 bags, and with funnel holds slightly over 6 bags. So I'm going to say take away one bag for funnel. 85 gallons is 64% larger than 55 gallons, so... 7 bags x 1.64= 11.48, subtract one bag for funnel... you should be looking at right around 10 1/2 bags.

Comment

Dale...have they ever clogged up on you. I don't have funnels in the 55's and the one that my big 10 pt was coming in to daily clogged up a week before opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                          Educated guess: My 55 gallon feeders without funnel hold slightly over 7 bags, and with funnel holds slightly over 6 bags. So I'm going to say take away one bag for funnel. 85 gallons is 64% larger than 55 gallons, so... 7 bags x 1.64= 11.48, subtract one bag for funnel... you should be looking at right around 10 1/2 bags.

Well sure David. Everyone knows that. But what if the corn swells during high humidity? I was really hoping someone could give me a more detailed answer!

Comment

I HATE funnels!

I've had one clog a time or two, but no more (probably not as much) as my bro-in-law's feeder with a funnel.

Comment

With a slip over lid, which I recommend and got mine from Karl, and a shallow funnel, I can get just over 11 sacks, can't stuff 12.

Comment

Working...
                              X