OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Last year, Jooger's thread became the Campfire for us East Texas hunters.

I figured I would go ahead and start another one in anticipation of the upcoming season for us hunting in East Texas. I've been reading through Jooger's thread from last year and lots of good hunts and good times.

I lost my place in Madison County last season so I will be confined to hunting the property I live on and a small bow lease I share with another TBH'er just down the road here in Montgomery County. I'm currently looking for a lease opportunity for my and my boys but with the season fast approaching, I guess we will just concentrate our efforts close to home.

So let's get this going...share stories, trail cam pics, set ups, family, campfires, live hunts and so on and so forth. From what I'm hearing and seeing, it's going to be a great season!

I am in. I hunt on the fringe of East Texas in northwest Anderson county. So far I have a nice bachelor group of young bucks hanging out at our feeders, but two of our mature bucks that I know made it thru the season haven't shown back up. It is so green our deer aren't forced to come to feed, and I don't have any cameras up on trails to bedding areas yet.

Good luck to everybody this year.

Comment

Im in..

Comment

This is one of my favorite threads to keep track of. I am looking forward to seeing some of our deer shed that velvet, then we can see what we really have.

Comment

In

Comment

Im here. The next two weeks will be odd. Beauty berries getting ripe and bucks that have been hanging together since the first of the year are no longer friends. Time for deer to drop off cameras for a couple weeks and then deer we didnt know existed to show up. It happens every year. I generally start a thread about that about this week because it seems to catch folks by surprise.

Not sure how many pics I will post this year but we have the best target list ever and there are still some deer I HAVENT GOTTEN PICS OF YET. Gonna be the best year for East Tx!

Comment

I'm in. Also looking forward to seeing your posts GarGuy.

Comment

I'm in...

Comment

I'm in, I hunt in the larue/baxter/athens area on the edge of Henderson county within 3 miles of Anderson county, mature bucks are every where, herds and herds of deer are flourishing in this area....6-10 years ago deer were there but the herds weren't quite as populated....

Comment

Huntin Trinity, Houston, Angelina, and San Augustine counties here. Seeing lots of deer around so far.

Comment

I only have one camera running on my only feeder. Life got in the way this summer and I haven't made the trips I needed to make. I hunt in southern Polk county. I plan on going up this weekend to put out a few more cameras, one in my usual spot in an oak flat where a scrape is every year. It's a little early for me to start seeing bucks of any kind. I have to miss most of bow season due to a shutdown at work.
                      Can't wait to see some pictures.

Comment

Well... not sure what this season will hold for me since I won't have to worry about going out West where I'd been the last 30 years I do have a bunch of property that I have hunted for years on for hogs... Some great deer there so maybe I will get serious and do some "real deer hunting" instead of just watching a feeder in West Texas... I also truly enjoyed the thread from last year. I think this thread may be a great motivation for me to get busy and participate in it too... Haven't been to my East Texas property since last September... was under water most of the past year... it's sort of dry now so my plan is to kick it off this weekend by going out and seeing what I have left after all the floods... Hope to get feeders going, start some hand corn in the thickets and put out cameras... stay tuned!

Thanks Johnny for kicking this one off!! Good luck to all my East Texas huntin' buddies!!! Kind of exciting to be part of it again!

Comment

I'm in. Lets do this! Garguy is right this is going to be a great yr. I have some studs on camera now in Houston county. I just hope I can connect with one!

Comment

I'm in

Comment

I'm in. Looks like a very good year this year for East Texas. I usually get pics of big bucks in October nothing but does right now. I have been seeing a lot of bucks crossing the roads and on neighboring ranches right now not to mention the bunch of does I see running around like never before.

Comment

Working...
                              X