2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I initially thought that the two guys I saw when I pulled up owned both trucks but turns out there were 3 people hunting the unit plus me. Saw the first pair walk by as I’m climbing down the tree. As I’m hitting the road I see a third person walking out and turns out he’s a self proclaimed TBH lurker vs poster. We walked out and chit chatted, by the time we hit the gate other truck was gone.

Great day to be out. Saw two deer and I had a stare off with this little guy at 14 yards. Caught me off guard so didn’t have a draw on him. He put it in reverse, walked around the tree and then went about his merry way with no alarm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RNLedet View Post
        Likewise... Will likely be doing some stalking. I'll be in the white Chevy
        I drive a black chevy

Comment

Bailed on this morning when I saw the radar... didn't look like there would be a window of relief like yesterday. Will shoot for tomorrow. Anyone make it out?

Comment

Headed up this afternoon for a couple of days, hoping I don't have to swim into the areas I've scouted.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              Headed up this afternoon for a couple of days, hoping I don't have to swim into the areas I've scouted.
              Was out there a good 5-6 hours this morning. While swim trunks might not be necessary, don't forget your rubber boots! Saw some doe and tons of pigs per usual. No blood today. I'll be back at it tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by RNLedet View Post
                Was out there a good 5-6 hours this morning. While swim trunks might not be necessary, don't forget your rubber boots! Saw some doe and tons of pigs per usual. No blood today. I'll be back at it tomorrow!
                I've got 3 apps with 3 different forecasts for tomorrow.

What does yours say for tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post

My app says 60% chance with a 0.39 inch estimated total, a high of 60°, a low of 52°, and winwinds out of the ENE.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post

Mine shows right on the south side of 50% chance from 8 am on throughout the rest of the day, 66% between 6 am - 8 am. We'll see! Worst case, I wait it out in the truck and it still beats laying in bed wishing I was out there! Steer clear of the white Chevy... that guy has no idea what he's doing out there.....

Comment

Miserable out here, camp setup, a stand and ground blind (rain cover). Saw several deer moving this evening, looks like the rain will hold off until tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Miserable out here, camp setup, a stand and ground blind (rain cover). Saw several deer moving this evening, looks like the rain will hold off until tomorrow afternoon.
                        I bailed a little past 5. I didn't have cell service so couldn't see the radar. I figured the rain would continue. As soon as I got to the truck it slacked off.

To the hunter in a white ram with the game cart in the back I hope I didn't ruin your set. I was trying to pick up three cameras. One was there the other two were missing. I was upset about the first one and not moving as quietly as I should have to the second. Both had locks but were kind of out in the open. Bummer.

Comment

I bet! Should be tolerable in the morning. Good luck out there.

Comment

Well, this WAS one of my hit list bucks... he was a nice 8-pointer before velvet shed...
                            I’d say he is aggressive!

Comment

Wow, I've never seen one that broken up, especially in mid Oct. Looks like big bodied, mature deer.

Comment

Nothing today, getting ready for the rain tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X