Can u run a mini split off generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can u run a mini split off generators

Looking a those mini split ac got me to wondering can u run a mini split off 2 honda eu2000i run parallel for 4k watts? I'm no electrician by any means

Can you provide some details on the mini split that you are dealing with?
    Need to know wattage requirement.
    Starting Wattage and Running Wattage.

Comment

Any of em. I'm trying to cool a small cabin. Just figured mini split would work better than wall units

Comment

Trying to cool 336 sq ft

Comment

are you talking about tying the load side of 2 generators together in parallel? if so then i would say no. the 2 generators wont be in phase with each other if im thinking about what you are trying to do right

Comment

Maybe a 8000 btu, with one generator...? They have 2, 110, 20 amp plugs. I agree with the above, about trying to tie in 2 generators, but 1 might work for a smaller unit. The 2000i is only rated for around 13 amps.

Comment

Run it on 1 they pull very little. Crazy efficiency
              After start up they hardly pull anything

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                Trying to cool 336 sq ft
                You will have to do some research on the mini split systems. I doubt you can find one that will start up on 4,000 Watts.

Comment

First, Yes, you can parallel generators. Honda makes a parallel cable specifically for this generator series. Buy it, plug it in, double the wattage.

Starting watts of the mini-split will be the determining factor as to whether you can use two 2k watt generators though. Most 9000 BTU inverter driven compressors will probably work, but a non-inverter will probably not work (too much inrush current).

Comment

Absolutely. I do.

13k system on one Honda 2000

Comment

I connect two Eu2000i generators in parallel to run my travel trailer AC. The Eu2000i is rated at 1600 watts each continuous. The Eu2000i Companion has the three prong 26 amp receptical. The basic Eu2000i only has 20 amp circuits. I believe there is a kit you can use to get the 26-30 amp service on two basic Eu2000i generators connected in parallel. Honda has upgraded the new Eu2000i so my info may be out of date on new units.

Comment

If you need a parallel kit to connect 2 eu2000's I have 2 new in the box.

Comment

I see many 110v mini splits,and wondered this same question. I'd like to run a mini split in a shipping container cabin.

Comment

Working...
                          X