Carne Adovada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carne Adovada

Take one pork shoulder and trim most of the fat. Rinse.
    Cut into 2" wide 2" thick and up to 6" long strips. Arrange strips of pork in a pan.

Prep marinade.
    8T of red chile powder. (Heat and variety are your choice. I used hot chimayo red.
    2T of fresh minced garlic
    2T of dried garlic powder
    2T Mexican oregano
    2t ground coriander seed
    2t chile caribe
    2t cumin
    2T of blue corn atole
    1 quart of chicken bone broth (cold)

Blend all above marinade ingredients and cover pork strips in the pan with marinade.
    Cover pan and refrigerate for 24 hours.

Place pork strips and marinade into a 6 quart cast Dutch oven.

Cook adovada for 2.5-3 hours at 350 degrees.

I served with homemade chicos and beans, Spanish rice and tortillas.

Fresh sopapillas and local honey for desert.

Serve on you fine China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gonna meme me drive to Gardunos in Albuquerque for some carne adovada , only pace I ever ate it looks good

Comment

With all these recipes you're posting, I'm going to have to take the long way to Colorado next time.

On another note, is there a place out of the Chimayo valley that ships chile powder? When I was a kid, my parents would go through there just for the different chile powders. When you see an old Mexican/Indian women put on a mask and bend down below the top of the barrel to get chile powder, you know it's gonna be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        With all these recipes you're posting, I'm going to have to take the long way to Colorado next time.

On another note, is there a place out of the Chimayo valley that ships chile powder? When I was a kid, my parents would go through there just for the different chile powders. When you see an old Mexican/Indian women put on a mask and bend down below the top of the barrel to get chile powder, you know it's gonna be good.
        What is your preference for level of heat? I will pick you up a package.

Comment

trying this weekend

Comment

Just looking at that plate of great food, ruined my New Years resolution.

Comment

Looks good. I need some spicy Mexican food, you can't get spicy food in the Beeville area. It's all gringo style.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
                Looks good. I need some spicy Mexican food, you can't get spicy food in the Beeville area. It's all gringo style.

A really easy meat to prepare. Goes good in any type of burrito, eggs, tacos, empanadas, stuffed sopapillas etc.
                You can make a nice red chile gravy to smother any of the above with.

Comment

Looks really good. So does the rice.

Comment

Prepping some chile pods for a marinade now. These chiles are a medium heat chile from further south on the river valley. Already cut my pork shoulder into strips. Will marinade for 24 hours. Should be good.

Comment

Chile marinade is ready to go in the fridge for 24. This chile has an excellent flavor.

Comment

Finished product. Served with homemade Spanish rice and calabacitas.

Comment

That looks fantastic

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife won't let me in the kitchen.

Comment

Well, cooking this now and if it taste anything like it smells I gonna very happy camper.

Comment

Working...
                              X