Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Montalvo

Anyone ever leased from this guy?

where is this guy from? I know a David Montalvo from Hebbronville (Jim Hogg Co)

Comment

That is probably him. This guy has tons of small leases in South Texas.

Comment

if this is the same guy (he runs a feed store and pest control operation) in hebbronville, he is a very nice guy. thats about all I can say, knew him on a business level.

Comment

Hey Rex, did you ever lease from this guy???? Or does anyone have any info on him??? He has a ton of leases in S. Texas, just curious if he was a straight up guy!!!!

Comment

He is a broker not the landowner and remember he represents the owners , not you. As for quality of the lease, I would advise you to talk to the previous lease holder.

Comment

dude let me call a buddy of mine who is a pretty well known guy in hebbronville, and ill be right back

Comment

OK....

Comment

I got a buddy that worked with him for quite a while to try to find a lease. Most were disappointing properties that had lots of junk of them and had small properties surrounding the lease. He is supposed to be a real nice guy...but like any other broker...he's getting a nice cut of the lease price. So if the landowner gives over the property to the broker and says I want at least $10,000 for it....if the broker can get $15,000 out of you by selling the place on "huge bucks", "surrounding properties aren't hunted", "hasn't been hunted in years", 170" buck shot last year, etc. etc.....he's gonna say what he has to say. You might get lucky and get a good place...just be careful and do your homework.

Comment

I never leased from this guy but from what I've heard he seems legit. But he is still a broker!!

Comment

I am not sure but I leased from guy named David and he worked with another guy named Victor Leal. David went by Bubba and they both seemed very nice, but man did it turn out to be a terrible deal. Please PM for info if this is the same person before you do anything. My lease was in benevidas and nothing but bad came of it.

Comment

This guy has a ton of leases on Leasehunter.com

Comment

I just leased some land from David. I've been dealing with him since December and he worked with me until I finally decided on a place in Falfurrias. In January, I had actually decided on a lease in Webb County but the owner backed out of the deal in February, do to a large offer from a gas company. Of course, she chose the big money gas company instead of having the property hunted. Anyway, I had already put down the deposit on the lease. David, put me as a top priority and spent hours on the phone with me going over available leases and details about them. Lets just say I am very picky and wanted the "right place" not just "a place to hunt". I feel most Lease managers would have just gotten tired of my pickiness and just sent my deposit back with a good luck note. But not David, he stuck with me and assisted me in finding "the right place for me." As anyone, I was kind of nervous with having put money down with no place to show for it. I have to say he did an outstanding job in coming through for me and was very honest and professional all the way. I would lease from him all over again.

Comment

220 acres for $11,500...

160 acres for $8,400

300 acres for $12,000

425 acres for $14,000

also seems like every small ranch he advertises is bordered by a HUGE low fence ranch, or a ranch that has *NEVER* been hunted, or the actual place he is advertising has never been hunted..

lucky guy to find all those primo places to lease I guess...I would evaluate a place closely... which you should do with any place you lease from anyone.
                            Last edited by kyle1974; 03-20-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I have leased from him and all he does is tell you what you want to hear and charges out the *** for it. Not a good experience at all and will would not recommend him

Comment

Working...
                              X