No announcement yet.

Whats the deal with all of the curbside pickups at grocery stores/restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the deal with all of the curbside pickups at grocery stores/restaurants

Our HEB had about 8 spaces put in a few months near the entrance for curbside shopping. I have seen at the most 2 spaces being used at one time.

Now McDonalds has 2 spaces.

Are we that freaking lazy now in America.

Kind of reminds me of the movie Wall-E.

I hope I pass before we ever reach that point in the movie.

lol ill really grind your gears then...

Amazon grocery delivery service and Amazon Now. I get my groceries delivered to my front door anytime I want/need.

To me its not a laziness factor, its a convenience factor.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post

Amazon grocery delivery service and amazon now. I get my groceries delivered to my front door anytime i want/need.

Comment

Time is the most valuable thing that you have.

When you use these services you are utilizing your time to the fullest.

Comment

Order online, pick up curbside. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

At Sams, you can pay with their app now and completely bypass the checkout line.

Comment

I understand that time is our most valuable resource, but I go grocery shopping for the week every Monday afternoon and I genuinely enjoy that 30 min to an hour.... I’m also doing all of the cooking right now due to a super sick pregnant wife. It’s rewarding to learn how to do new things I will definitely say that for me.

Comment

Online shopping and drive up pickup helps the elderly and those with health issues. My in laws fit the bill on both requirements. I will gladly park further out and walk in to make it easier on folks like that.

Comment

Yeah, Kroger has 8 spaces. The first day, I saw 2 vehicles parked in the slots. I went in and came back out 25 minutes later with 5 or 6 items and the same 2 vehicles were still parked there.

and, because the store took those spots - I had to park further away than ever before - pert near the back of the lot. I might just park there in the future and call it my reserved spots.

Comment

What use to take us 1.5 hours a week takes us about 15min with the curb side service.

Comment

Amazon grocery delivery service and Amazon Now. I get my groceries delivered to my front door anytime I want/need.

And Walmart wants to start allowing the delivery guys access to your home to put the groceries away for you while you are at work. yeah, no thanks.

Comment

At least WalMart put those pick up slots on the side of the building where few people park.

I totally get the convenience factor, and I think it is great, but that isn't really curb side pick up. They should put it like the fast food drive through - on the side closest to the coolers and when you drive up, they have a person at a sliding door that you can walk in, pay and load up at the curb.

Comment

This service is amazing. I bet I have saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars because my wife cannot impulse buy while walking through the store.. haha Plus you can do it from the house so you do not forget what you still have in the fridge or the pantry.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          And Walmart wants to start allowing the delivery guys access to your home to put the groceries away for you while you are at work. yeah, no thanks.
                          haha why would anyone ever agree to that, and theres definitely much finer supermarkets/grocery stores to shop from. Hate walmart with a passion

Comment

If you enjoy crowed aisles and long check-outs have at it. With kids and both parents working full time it is a life saver. Not too mention the grocery bills are typically cheaper because you are not buying impulse "sale" items. Order online, swing in and pick up...easy-peezy and on to the next chore.

Comment

Bingo. My wife and I have better things to do with our time. For us, it's about the value of time and doing other more valuable things such as time playing with the kids or getting other productive things done. Paying $4 for someone to do a chore that would take at least an hour out of her day is a no-brainer.

Comment

Working...
                              X