No announcement yet.

David Montalvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang this thread sure makes me feel lucky about the places we have.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
      anyone that tries to get $25 to $30 an acre around san diego texas, and tells you he has multiple pieces of 200-800 acre properties that have never been hunted, or are next to HUGE neighbors.... well.... I know all I need to know about that.
      I think we were on the same place. 10 years ago.
      but really a little place west of San Diego, triangle shaped narrow, high fence on the back, hunting club on both other sides, but it's not been hunted in years.... we saw 2 deer that year, now this was my dad's lease, I would have done some homework

Comment

Originally posted by jetlag887 View Post
        I, too fell into the David Corea (Bubba) trap. If you see his name run, run, run..
        He leased me some country owed by Victor Leal just west of San Diego, north side of HWY 44.
        Signed the lease, took my money and disappeared. Come to find out the property was not his to lease and had hunters already on it. Went to the Duval County sheriffs office (what a JOKE) to get my money back and press charges on him. NOTHING ever came of it.
        Bubba and Victor are both terrible people to deal. We were right outside of Benevidas past the school and had nothing but problems. Victor had us come onto another ranch and kill a bunch of does. he told us it was his own property. I ran into a guy at work and we started talking, the ranch we were on was not owned by Victor and the guy was actually on that lease we shot all the deer from!!! Bubba was always trying to get me to send him the money and not Victor. Victor told the land owner that we were hunting on that it was ok for the Grandson to hunt the property. Things really got bad after that and we left.

Comment

me and my buddies got away from the david guy when we had the chance. we were going to get a lease through him a while back then right before we made our first payment he says that the price went up...alot. the red flag came up right there and we didnt stick around to find out what other stuff he would try to pull.

Comment

Funny this thread got brought back to the top. I sent David M. a few e-mails today about the bigger properties he had listed on lease hunter. Please continue to advise if you have good or bad experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
              David Montalvo
              Shawn Campbell
              John Austin

anyone leased from any of these guys? Or any recomendations of guys with ledgit south Texas leases?
              Not yet.
              Last edited by ibowtech; 02-22-2016, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Just got off a 700 acre Webb county pasture he leased us. Nice property, David never gave us an issue but the land owner was flat out crazy. I think she was bipolar.

Comment

ttt

Somebody was asking about this dude on another thread. I have no knowledge of him or any of his practices, just passing this along.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                    ttt

Somebody was asking about this dude on another thread. I have no knowledge of him or any of his practices, just passing this along.
                    Thanks man, yeah that was me. Every thing I’ve seen is the guy is nice, was just curious if anyone was on “his property” that he leased to a group of 3 that he only lets bow hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
                      David Montalvo
                      Shawn Campbell
                      John Austin

anyone leased from any of these guys? Or any recomendations of guys with ledgit south Texas leases?
                      John Austin has been around for many many years - use to be associated with a very large ranch in south texas and ran package hunts plus season leases - I think his reputation was good overall - he use to advertise in Texas Trophy hunter magazine alot

David may be a nice guy but I would move carefully on taking any lease from a broker - not all are bad but many are - check the place out carefully and have a solid lease agreement first. If a place is a good place the owner should not need a broker to get it leased for them

Comment

lease in duval county.

low pressure
                        never been hunted
                        huge neighbors

300 acres

12 guns $1200 a gun

that's 90% of his listings
                        Last edited by kyle1974; 12-13-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

12 guns on 300 acres???! ****! We never had more than 3 guns on our 300 acres

Comment

Its not that bad. lol more like 3 ppl on 150 bow hunting only. 5 ppl on 375.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                              lease in duval county.

low pressure
                              never been hunted
                              huge neighbors

300 acres

12 guns $1200 a gun

that's 90% of his listings
                              But it hunts like 30,000 acres

Comment

Working...