Muzzle break recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzle break recommendation

Looking for muzzle break recommendation for a 308. I am getting into shooting prs and would like to mitigate the recoil and hopefully spot my misses.

Remington aac sd, 20", 5/8x24 thread.

I had a M4-72 on a rifle that I traded. Great brake! Very low recoil, not very loud BUT if you had papers around you it'd blow them away. Bad part about it was that you have to buy their timing washers which are expensive.

On this last rifle I put a Seekins ATC brake and it's been great also. Comes with a timing nut so it's super easy to time.

Out of the 2 I'd take the Seekins.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is don't do it. It's a 308 and a tack driver. If you just want one, no argument.

Comment

Bergara just released a new self timing break, looks pretty nifty.

Can’t go wrong with a PWS or Seekins.

Comment

Don't throw a cheap amazon 3 holer on there unless u hate yourself and anyone else around when u shoot it. I dont hunt with earplugs and figured I'd just try it out in my blind on a hog or 2. Ears still ringin, and that was 2 years ago haha

Comment

Little ******* and very popular in the prs world

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
              Little ******* and very popular in the prs world
              Geeez... can’t even say a brand name... little b@stard

Comment

I've got a Strike Industries .30 cal. King Comp that I'd sell you for $35 shipped.
                https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/king-comp.html

Last edited by Raider4044; 11-11-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Precision Armament M11.

Comment

The Area 419 Hellfire is one of the best out right now. Little B’s are also good but seem louder to me than any of them. Tate with Impact also has a good clamp on design. I run 419s on comp rifles.

Comment

If you're complaining about loud with regards to a muzzle brake, you didn't research them very well.

Comment

I have been looking at the Area 419 and the strikefire.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the Area 419. Shot some as good, but nothing better yet. Supposedly the Insite Heathen brake is as effective but with a little less blast toward the shooter....which would be nice. I have one on my desk to test, and will be doing that soon.

Comment

Recently put a zrodelta CID on my 300 win mag and couldn’t believe the difference. Able to shoot all day with factory stock. Plus, I like to support Texas businesses when I can.

Comment

Holland is one of if not the best but they aren’t cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X