Reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading

I am looking for someone that reloads 6.5 creedmore. I would like to see if getting some ammo that someone has hand loaded improved my groups. I have about 40 rounds of brass from my gun to start with. I think that reloads would more consistent from round to round.

I am currently shooting Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr

I am open to your thoughts.

Hornady precession hunter in 143 eldx is probably the best round I’ve ever shot. Sub moa all the time.

I wouldn’t shoot someone else’s hand loads either. What may work in their gun may be an over pressure in your gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      I wouldn’t shoot someone else’s hand loads either. What may work in their gun may be an over pressure in your gun.
      +1. A hand load is not universal. Its specifically fit for the gun that it's being shot through.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am always amazed at how well factory ammo performs in a wide variety of guns. Yes, you can get better results with handloading. But it usually takes a lot of test loads, trying a variety of combinations, and trips to the range. You might get lucky sometimes and find a great load rather quickly. But usually takes multiple trips to the range and shooting.

Comment

If it’s just a curiosity thing, find someone that hand loads and have them work up some stuff and have THEM shoot it. If you/they find a good combo, write down all the ingredients and have a custom shop make it up.

I for one, would not load for somebody and just give them the cartridges. Too much liability. I would work up some loads and shoot it for them to see what the gun likes and then give them the info.

Comment

www.DallasReloads.com He will work up a load specifically for your gun. Good deal for you as you're close to him. His name is Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
              +1. A hand load is not universal. Its specifically fit for the gun that it's being shot through.

X2...loading for a specific rifle is a slow process involving numerous trips to the range to check various combinations and the variants of many .... it's not just the uniformity of the load that makes it better....it is tailoring of the load to the specific rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                X2...loading for a specific rifle is a slow process involving numerous trips to the range to check various combinations and the variants of many .... it's not just the uniformity of the load that makes it better....it is tailoring of the load to the specific rifle.
                Or.... You might get lucky and get the right load pretty quickly. I've had that happen a couple times. My Ruger No. 1 in 25-06 liked the first powder and bullet combo I tried, I just had to play with the charge to get a moa load out of that gun. It's usually not that easy......

Comment

I’ve loaded for people before, but I won’t do it without the rifle. They’re all different.

Comment

Buy a press and get to loading! You’ll be money ahead in no time, and will be able to custom-tailor a load for your rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                      Buy a press and get to loading! You’ll be money ahead in no time, and will be able to custom-tailor a load for your rifle.
                      Don't lie to the man

He'll have another hobby he pours countless of dollars into!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Don't lie to the man

Yes...I would be a rich man if I just bought factory ammo. I have 4 presses and 1/2 a barn dedicated to reloading.

Comment

Yes...I would be a rich man if I just bought factory ammo. I have 4 presses and 1/2 a barn dedicated to reloading.
                          Hush... I’m trying to help

Comment

Nice start for a rookie. Wait till you get serious and see how much stuff you accumulate.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Don't lie to the man

And HOURS! Dont forget the countless HOURS spent at a bench working on ammo.

Comment

Working...
                              X