Gun Inventory Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Inventory Log

Does anyone use a gun inventory log, other than just writing it on paper?

.....and God Bless America.

Paper, one on an electronic document stored on an external hard drive, and usb memory stick.

Comment

My daughter has mine and who gets what after me. She keeps it in her business documents.

Comment

Yup. Otherwise I'd forget what all I even have.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Excel spreadsheet.

Year/make/model/serial number/description/accessories/where I got it/sentimental value/estimated value

If I were to die and my wife went to sell them, she’d know if they were family guns or not and what I thought the value at the time was to give her an idea.
          Last edited by HoustonHunter; 11-10-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Had one when house was burglarized in Dallas. $18500.00 loss. Did help with collecting about $95 % of loss from insurance co. Never had any follow up calls from D.P.D. Never got a weapon back!

Comment

I take a picture of them with serial number and descriptions. It is saved on iCloud so I can retrieve it whenever needed. You can edit and type on pics with iPhone pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                Paper, one on an electronic document stored on an external hard drive, and usb memory stick.
                I have also given a copy to one of my buddies and my son.

Comment

I would recommend to get an acquisition / disposition book from Brownells or Midway...

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    Never got a weapon back!
                    Don’t give up. I got one back after 20 years - a M700 .270 bdl. Turn it into a killer 6.5-.284 (literally). Several others from that heist are still missing tho.

Comment

Yes...with pictures on a flash drive...hiden and in a vacuum sealed bag

Comment

Me too.

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        Excel spreadsheet.

Year/make/model/serial number/description/accessories/where I got it/sentimental value/estimated value

If I were to die and my wife went to sell them, she’d know if they were family guns or not and what I thought the value at the time was to give her an idea.
                        Me too
                        Also I put those stringed price tag dillies on each gun including what it is & what it's worth. If it has a scope what it's worth. Most of my gun accessories and ammunition are tagged or marked.
                        I don't have anything on my computer. Why? A lot of reasons mainly because I'm an old guy.

Comment

We have a working spreadsheet that we edit as needed. We copy it over on to two different thumb drives. One is at wife’s office and the other is in my desk. Hope I never need them though.

Comment

Like several others excel sheet with name model etc, serial numbers, and notes on accessories, any work done such as trigger or muzzlebrake and I photograph each gun up close and from an overall perspective. Keep an electronic and hard copy version at my office.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                              Don’t give up. I got one back after 20 years - a M700 .270 bdl. Turn it into a killer 6.5-.284 (literally). Several others from that heist are still missing tho.
                              Got a Beretta 380 back 8 years later stolen from Dad's truck...it's worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X