300 BO optic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 BO optic?

Got my can a few weeks ago and started shooting my 300BO. Changing between subs and super what optic are you using? It's a model 7 aac action currently Leopold ultralight 3x9. I'm thinking some kind of mildot would help.

Thanks.

What distance are you going to be shooting?

Comment

300 BO is a 200yd and under cartridge.
      I put a Nikon P300 on my 1:8 300bo Encore bbl with a and a Millet DMS1 on my Handy Rifle 1:7 in 300 BO. Both scopes serve me well.

Comment

Fixed 6x.

Learn to dial your distances (create a good dope chart)

Pigs and varmints are fair game out to 300 (I've confirmed this) Back in March, I was hunting with my buddy, and he put me in a stand with a view dow a long food plot. The first night I dropped a 125-150lb boar at 300. The next morning I dropped a coyote at 310 (coming in to check where I dropped the pig). It was 21 clicks up for my load.

Comment

I have an Atibal XP8 1-8x optic that would be perfect. The 1x is like a red dot an the 8x will easily get you on out there. I took it to the range a couple times and had no problems hitting steel at 300 yards.

Comment

A good 1-6 or 1-8 is a great option or if you want something along the red dot line then a Trijicon MRO is what I run on my 10.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a vortex 1-4 on mine

Comment

Leupold VXI 3-9x50 on mine

Comment

PA 2.5x Red Dot on mine

Comment

I have a VX6 2-12 with the firedot on my blackout...love this scope. I do use it primarily for hunting / truck gun & have killed does out to 200yds with a 12.5" tube.

Comment

The p-300 or strike Eagle look good. I should hold out for black Friday and see whats on sale.

Comment

Have a Nikon P300 2x7 on my 9" AR SBR and a Super Sniper fixed 10X on M700 bolt gun. Both perform fine for their intended purpose.

Comment

If you want Mildot, get real Mildot. Not some generic lookalike.

I run the SWFA scope on my rifle, and it’s been dialed a lot. The price and build quality make it a great value.

You can make zero stop shims for a couple of bucks and some careful measuring, and a quick trip to the hardware store

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hard to beat a strike eagle for the 300 BO cartridge IMO

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Im not sure the p300 is still made. That said I have a M-300 nikon I'll make deal on. Might have 5 shots under it

Comment

Working...
                              X