Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Thunder Beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thunderbeast Ultra 7.

Comment

Crux Ark 30.

Super light weight, good sound, made in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Up to 300 win mag and no barrel length restrictions. Who else offers that

Comment

I have a suppressed armament TI can and a specwar 7.62. Wish I wouldn't have bought the specwar mainly because of the weight, sounds good though.

Lately I've been looking at the dead air sandman, crux and rugged suppressors. Can't really decide between the three.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                For up to .308 win only I would look at the YHM Ultralight Tactical

$833+ stamp.
                Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                I have a Yankee hill titanium QD and it is on my bolt action guns and I love it.

Also have the specwar for my SBR and anything else. Bought it because it is a tank and meant for all kinds of abuse.
                YHM makes some good stuff I heard.

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                Titanium is lighter, but stainless is tougher. If I were doing mag dumps or full auto, no way would I buy a titanium can for that use. But for 98% of what most people use a can for titanium is fine and has some advantages in weight savings.

Having said that, the size and weight of the Omega is really nice. I have 2 of them and use them for precision rifle, hunting, and coyote calling. Suppression is good and the QD system is handy. Plus having the ASR is nice because it works with my Specwar 556K as well.

Both my son and another good friend of mine run a Sandman TI direct thread, and I really like that can as well. Really nice tone, it is built like a tank, very good suppression. That one would be high on my list if direct thread was an option.

But I see no reason to rule out some other SS cans either. The Sandman S would be a strong contender as well for a general purpose 30 cal can.

Any of those should be well under 1K (not including stamp, that is).
                Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                I have a suppressed armament TI can and a specwar 7.62. Wish I wouldn't have bought the specwar mainly because of the weight, sounds good though.

Lately I've been looking at the dead air sandman, crux and rugged suppressors. Can't really decide between the three.
                Yes weight will factor alot into my decision as with thermal hunting sometimes we gotta stalk up a good ways. I want something light, more then likely with a lifetime warranty and/or titanium

I will not be shooting more then 8-12 shots at a time on the high end, if I run into a big group of pigs

Comment

I own 3 YHM suppressors with one in jail. If you were closer I would let you shoot them. They were the only company for the longest time with a .300RUM rated suppressor.

Their QD system is awesome. Solid consistent lock up and all the moving parts are on the mount not the can. Easy to replace since they are a non NFA item.

Comment

If short and light are two of the big criteria, plus excellent warranty, then the Omega is hard to beat. Good price point, and good suppression. Plus it will go either direct thread or use the ASR system. The Anchor Brake takes out a lot of recoil as well.

There are folks that don't Like SiCo, but I have a lot of their stuff and they have always treated me right. For absolute sure if something goes wrong you will be taken care of in a timely manner. I did have the outer shell on one of my Omegas come unthreaded, but it was no biggie. They told me I could send it in to them to fix or they could just send me some Rocksett and I could do it. I just Rocksetted the threads myself and called it done. No further issues.

IMO though you can't really go wrong with anything Dead Air either. Or SAS. Probably others as well, but those 3 brands are the ones I have direct experience with.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                      If short and light are two of the big criteria, plus excellent warranty, then the Omega is hard to beat. Good price point, and good suppression. Plus it will go either direct thread or use the ASR system. The Anchor Brake takes out a lot of recoil as well.

There are folks that don't Like SiCo, but I have a lot of their stuff and they have always treated me right. For absolute sure if something goes wrong you will be taken care of in a timely manner. I did have the outer shell on one of my Omegas come unthreaded, but it was no biggie. They told me I could send it in to them to fix or they could just send me some Rocksett and I could do it. I just Rocksetted the threads myself and called it done. No further issues.

IMO though you can't really go wrong with anything Dead Air either. Or SAS. Probably others as well, but those 3 brands are the ones I have direct experience with.
                      Yeah a lifetime warranty is VERY hard to beat with no questions asked.

The Omega 300 and Sandman S have those

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Yeah a lifetime warranty is VERY hard to beat with no questions asked.

The Omega 300 and Sandman S have those
                        YHM does as well.

Comment

I would normally tell you to call up to SilencerShop and talk to those guys about your pending purchase. However, now that SilencerCo and SilencerShop are at odds on the legality of the post 41p kiosks SShop does not sell SilencerCo anymore and they will not give you honest advice on their products. There is a lot of good information in this thread. I am sure you will be happy with the way it seems you are going.

Just remember, suppressors are like tattoos - after the first you will want more and more!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                            I would normally tell you to call up to SilencerShop and talk to those guys about your pending purchase. However, now that SilencerCo and SilencerShop are at odds on the legality of the post 41p kiosks SShop does not sell SilencerCo anymore and they will not give you honest advice on their products. There is a lot of good information in this thread. I am sure you will be happy with the way it seems you are going.

Just remember, suppressors are like tattoos - after the first you will want more and more!
                            Hmmmm I did not know that. I was just looking at the Kiosk info on their website. That is new to me so I am sort of confused on that route versus in person

I don't think I will want more, I can use this on my .223, 300blk, and 308 plus both my deer rifles

here are my top choices as of now: TB Ultra 7 CB, Omega 300, Sandman S, Crux Ark30 7.5, and YHM 4300 or 3300 TI

Comment

just make sure if you are going to use an SBR or pistol length barrel that your can is rated for it. I didn't....

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                                I own 3 YHM suppressors with one in jail. If you were closer I would let you shoot them. They were the only company for the longest time with a .300RUM rated suppressor.

Their QD system is awesome. Solid consistent lock up and all the moving parts are on the mount not the can. Easy to replace since they are a non NFA item.
                                Yes I currently have one on my gun. A YHM QD mount. When I go with my buddy he throws his YHM can on my gun as he wants everyone shooting supressed

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
                                just make sure if you are going to use an SBR or pistol length barrel that your can is rated for it. I didn't....
                                Yes I have a 10.5 inch 300 BLK and most cans are rated down to 8 inch 300 BLK's

Comment

Working...
                                X