• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbeast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      FYI - I decided on the Dead Air Sandman Ti 30 cal., and also added a Dead Air Mask RF suppressor. I paid $900 for both cans as Gamaliel Shooting Supply usually runs a special every 3-6 months. Currently they have the Sandman-Ti listed at $699

couldn't tell you about performance since I've yet to recv them

I have a Dead Air Armament Sandman-L I use on a 300blk, 223 and 308 and it is an AWESOME can rated up to 300 winner. I also have a Mask HD and it is awesome on a 22 pistol. Very quiet. Haven't shot it on my ruger 10/22 yet but I can see it being a squirrel and raccoon killing machine.

I've been extremely pleased with my Dead Air products.

Comment

Don't get a Thunderbeast or Crux if you plan to rapid fire. If you are more interested in precision, both are great. I have a tbac ultra9 and poi does not change.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Omega or Sandman from my experience which is limited

Have a ark30 also which isn't bad
          Seem to be 2 very popular models.

My next question is : if they have lifetime warranties, why would someone need a Titanium silencer? Seems titanium lasts alot longer from what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

My next question is : if they have lifetime warranties, why would someone need a Titanium silencer? Seems titanium lasts alot longer from what I heard.
            Titanium cans are lighter but not necessary stronger

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
              Don't get a Thunderbeast or Crux if you plan to rapid fire. If you are more interested in precision, both are great. I have a tbac ultra9 and poi does not change.
              I believe Crux is rated for rapid fire with the muzzle break. not sure shooting at hogs is considered rapid fire.

Comment

Thunder Beast Ultra 9 or 7 I have both and love them. POI is same with or without suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                  I believe Crux is rated for rapid fire with the muzzle break. not sure shooting at hogs is considered rapid fire.
                  No, shooting hogs would not be rapid fire. Some people like to empty an AR mag as fast as possible, change mag, and do it again. No titanium can will hold up to that. If you are at least taking aim between shots and 8-10 rounds max, these two companies are hard to beat. I have heard a lot about Dead Air as well but haven't even seen one in person to suggest it to you.
                  I can tell you that I can shoot my 6.5 with tbac ultra9 on and hit cold bore point of aim, take it off and install on my 7 and hit point of aim as well.

Comment

I have the One by Gemtech. It's multi caliber titanium can ranging from .17hmr up to .300 win mag. My dad got the Rugged Surge, and my brother got the Omega. We all bought them at the same time on the same trust. We have been pleased with all 3.

Comment

TBAC Ultra 7 for accuracy, minimal POI shift. If you're going to do magazine dumps, you'll need something else like an Omega

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Shaving a few ounces off with the Ti

Comment

Got to shoot the Thundebeast 30p-1 on a 300blk and was sold! When i finally drop coins it will be on a 30p-1

Comment

I have a Yankee hill titanium QD and it is on my bolt action guns and I love it.

Also have the specwar for my SBR and anything else. Bought it because it is a tank and meant for all kinds of abuse.

Comment

For up to .308 win only I would look at the YHM Ultralight Tactical

$833+ stamp.

Comment

Titanium is lighter, but stainless is tougher. If I were doing mag dumps or full auto, no way would I buy a titanium can for that use. But for 98% of what most people use a can for titanium is fine and has some advantages in weight savings.

Having said that, the size and weight of the Omega is really nice. I have 2 of them and use them for precision rifle, hunting, and coyote calling. Suppression is good and the QD system is handy. Plus having the ASR is nice because it works with my Specwar 556K as well.

Both my son and another good friend of mine run a Sandman TI direct thread, and I really like that can as well. Really nice tone, it is built like a tank, very good suppression. That one would be high on my list if direct thread was an option.

But I see no reason to rule out some other SS cans either. The Sandman S would be a strong contender as well for a general purpose 30 cal can.

Any of those should be well under 1K (not including stamp, that is).

Comment

Working...
                                X