No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a package on my porch when I got home this evening. And look what I got my hands on.
    I think this is going to be a great New Year!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-31-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I bought the ATN X-sight a few days ago. It sits really low on my .308. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Found a package on my porch when I got home this evening. And look what I got my hands on.
        I think this is going to be a great New Year!

Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by dogman11 View Post
          I bought the ATN X-sight a few days ago. It sits really low on my .308. Has anyone else experienced this?

If it was me, I'd want it as low as possible. Is it messing up your cheek weld?

Comment

am with 35 rem lower the better

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              If it was me, I'd want it as low as possible. Is it messing up your cheek weld?
              Yes. Have to tilt my head more than usual. Just not my normal placement of my cheek on the stock of the gun. Kind of thought about putting on a higher rail. Maybe a half inch to an inch possibly. What do y'all suggest I do?

Comment

Originally posted by dogman11 View Post
                Yes. Have to tilt my head more than usual. Just not my normal placement of my cheek on the stock of the gun. Kind of thought about putting on a higher rail. Maybe a half inch to an inch possibly. What do y'all suggest I do?

Closer to bore height is generally better, but I guess not always. Show us a pic of your setup as it is.

Comment

Will have to do that in a couple of days. We are at the in laws for Xmas. Be home Sunday. Thanks for the replies...I appreciate it.

Comment

Does your X-sight have a built in QD mount? If not just get a 1/2" riser that is a QD mount so it will have the capability of being QD.

Comment

Any tricks to sighting in during the day? I could make out outlines and everything really well, but it was really hard to tell difference in color on paper target at 100yards. Was kind of guessing and trying to hold center. Ended up having to put up a big paper target backwards to use white side, then stuck like 10 black shoot-n-see stickers to make a big dark circle to be able to see lol. Not the best but got it done. Any tips/tricks?

Comment

Here's what I use with mine. Just print two large rectangles per paper. Aim for the corners.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                          Does your X-sight have a built in QD mount? If not just get a 1/2" riser that is a QD mount so it will have the capability of being QD.
                          Nope. But I was thinking along the same lines with the riser. The on-board mount looks like it has two screws holding it to the body. But I don't know if there is anything out there that would have the same hole spacing. Or if it would void the warranty (probably).

I got a micro SD card today. But couldn't get my PC to open it so I could load the updates from the web sight. Finally just broke down and went and bought another PC . I've been running the old one since I had it built in 1999 . Got the new one up and running, secured, and the updates loaded on the X-sight. Went through all the set-up except sighting in. It looks like they will have more recticals available at sometime that can be uploaded to the scope. Right now it has 4 in three different colors: Black, Red, and Green. I'll take a look through it tomorrow, and tomorrow night, with and with out the IR illuminater it came with.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Nope. But I was thinking along the same lines with the riser. The on-board mount looks like it has two screws holding it to the body. But I don't know if there is anything out there that would have the same hole spacing. Or if it would void the warranty (probably).

I got a micro SD card today. But couldn't get my PC to open it so I could load the updates from the web sight. Finally just broke down and went and bought another PC . I've been running the old one since I had it built in 1999 . Got the new one up and running, secured, and the updates loaded on the X-sight. Went through all the set-up except sighting in. It looks like they will have more recticals available at sometime that can be uploaded to the scope. Right now it has 4 in three different colors: Black, Red, and Green. I'll take a look through it tomorrow, and tomorrow night, with and with out the IR illuminater it came with.

I was thinking mounting the scope with the existing mount to a riser that is QD. Not take off the existing mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post

Here's what I use with mine. Just print two large rectangles per paper. Aim for the corners.

Could you also use those reflector stickers? With the IR on the reflector would light up real bright and give you something good to aim at.

Comment

I'll throw my two cents in. I have the Photon and a set on Gen 3 NV goggles. Big difference. I use the goggles to identify...then use the Photon only when ready to be on a target.

I just bought the X-sight from Jason last week. Was up tonight messing with it here at the house. First impression is it's good. Going to put the Photon and X-sight side by side soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X