Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
    What is your set up in the pics? Doubler? Magnifier? Extra IR?

I've got a gen 1 NV scope I traded into years ago... It just sets in the gun room, never was that impressed with it... Hoping this photon will be an improvement on it... I don't want to move laterally.
    I'm running a photon 3.5x with a UNV 20IR on a custom 6.8 ARPerformace/Mega AR. No magnifier.

I have a gen 1 NV binoculars and the photon is a big step up IMO. Especially as a combo.

Last edited by Chuy; 05-01-2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

HAD to look again at this thread. All I can say is "glad I don't have one, would NEVER get any sleep!"

Comment

Jumping in here with a quick question.

How does the Sightmark Photon 3.5x digital scope compare to the 2nd or 3rd Gen NV?
        I think it's hard to compare digital NV with traditional NV but from my research, it appears as if the Photon is often compared to Gen 2 and the Pulsar N750 is almost comparable to Gen 3. Those aren't my words, just what I've read and heard out of the mouths of guys who have used both.

I've got some Sightmark Gen 1 optics and they are pretty nice. Very clear and much better than what I expected after hearing people talk bad about Gen 1 for so long. But....I've shown these Photons and the Gen 1 stuff to a lot of guys, Marines, DPS Troopers, gun nuts and a lot of average Joe's who have never held a NV optic. Without fail every single time the Photon and/or the N750 is the big talk. Everyone would think the Gen 1 was awesome if you didn't show them the digital NV.

I'm really don't want to directly compare the Photon with traditional tube NV because it's apples and oranges but it's safe to say that the Photon is probably going to win the race over Gen 1 in most people's minds. The Pulsar N750 is even better than that. The Photon shines because of the quality for the price.

Comment

Also, I sold my last Photon yesterday to a TBH'er yesterday from this thread.

I'm now accepting backorders. I should have more in within the next two weeks according to my Sightmark rep.

Comment

Going NV hunting in a couple weeks...will report.

Comment

Aight... Now im gonna need to know more about the pulsar n750... Pics of it in use?

Comment

Aight... Now im gonna need to know more about the pulsar n750... Pics of it in use?
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivXlK-tjPhY"]Pulsar Digisight n750 Riflescope - First Look Review - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

This bug Yall put in my ear just keeps getting more expensive. Lol.

Comment

I just ordered a a Surefire Vampire scout light! I don't even have night vision yet ....

Comment

I'm waiting on my Photon I ordered from Jason. For the time being I'm going to run it on my 5.56. I'm thinking about another upper. I'm trying to decide on caliber, I don't have any experience with anything other than the 5.56 on an AR platform. I'm thinking maybe 6.8, but the .458 SOCOM really intrigues me.

Comment

CoachW. MAUAHA!!!

Ecoboost - you have a sickness, im diggin it.

Phillip - You are going to love that scope for sure. I'd go with the 6.8. easier to find ammo and still gets the job done with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                          I'm running a photon 3.5x with a UNV 20IR on a custom 6.8 ARPerformace/Mega AR. No magnifier.

I have a gen 1 NV binoculars and the photon is a big step up IMO. Especially as a combo.

Chuy,

Do you think the UNV 201R is any real benefit? Have you tried a doubler?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                            I just ordered a a Surefire Vampire scout light! I don't even have night vision yet ....
                            LOL...

Comment

Hey Jason, I received the Photon today and mounted it on my AR. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                                Hey Jason, I received the Photon today and mounted it on my AR. Can't wait to try it out.

Awesome, glad to hear you got it and mounted it up. Sooooo, I assume you are out in the backyard testing it out right now? Let me know if you have any questions or need anything at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X