Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
    Sorry Taxi, only had it on a 6.8 , but it holds a good zero.

I've heard great things on those PVS14s too. How do you like the MTM?
    The MTM is great. It's very compact and lite. It works great as a hand held unit or weapons mounted. I wish it had the color options like some the new units. It's not needed but looks cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      Awesome pics Chuy! So glad to finally see some kill photos from all these Photons I've sold to TBH'ers.....not to down play your coon kill pics.

If anyone is interested, I've still got on in stock, ready to ship and more on the way. Minimum advertised price is $499.97, PM me for the TBH discounted price.

- Jason
      Do you have the 5x42?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
        How did you go about sighting it in? Any issues when doing so? Looking into finally purchasing one.
        No issues. Just sight it like any other rifle. I did mine dur8ng the day, but i think it would be easier at night. Not sure.

Started on 40 yards and moved back to 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Do you have the 5x42?
          I don't currently have one in stock right now, I sold my last one a couple weeks ago. I've got some back ordered though. I should know within a couple weeks if I will get any or not. I've got someone else on the list for one right now. If you are interested and want some more info feel free to send me a PM. Without saying too much, the 5x might not be available much longer (if at all). I should know something more within the next couple weeks.

For those that don't know, the demands for the Photons has been insane. They simply can't produce them fast enough. They've been back ordered since Day 1. I've managed to get a decent amount of what I've had ordered all but one month.

- Jason
          outdoorlegacygear.com

Comment

I don't currently have one in stock right now, I sold my last one a couple weeks ago. I've got some back ordered though. I should know within a couple weeks if I will get any or not. I've got someone else on the list for one right now. If you are interested and want some more info feel free to send me a PM. Without saying too much, the 5x might not be available much longer (if at all). I should know something more within the next couple weeks.

For those that don't know, the demands for the Photons has been insane. They simply can't produce them fast enough. They've been back ordered since Day 1. I've managed to get a decent amount of what I've had ordered all but one month.

- Jason
            outdoorlegacygear.com
            Have you messed with the Pulsar N750? I set your email reminder to let me know when the 5 is back in stock. Has anyone said anything about the laser being to strong?

Edit, Just realized you said PM. I'm sending a PM. Sorry for the hijack Chuy.
            Last edited by Chad C; 04-30-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Great photos! One of my memorable hunts here in TX was with NVG's. Luckily, it want like my first hunt with NVG'S, the quarry shot first and often.....

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
                I've got the same scope and its awesome for the money. No kill pics yet.

X2....love the scope capabilities so far

Comment

I shot this pig the 2nd week of January right after the first round of 3.5X photons were released to the public. 6.8 to the dome at 90 yards while he was pushing the pig pipe! They are IMO the best digital NV for the money out there.

I also have a 5X that I haven't gotten to use yet as I'm waiting for my Mini-14 to get back from Accuracy Systems Inc. My Sightmark rep threw an extra 3.5X on my order that I'm looking to get rid of also if anyone is interested. I really need to get a dvr for mine to record the hunts.

It would be a shame if they got rid of the 5X. Hopefully they make a hybrid of the two that has the screen resolution of the 3.5x and the laser illuminator of the 5x. I still don't understand why they gave the 3.5x the higher resolution, maybe to make up for the lower led IR output...

Comment

I've rolled with 3rd Gen NV since 2006 and now I'm using thermal

Here's a few pics from hunts...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by BuckTag; 04-30-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Droooool! Thermals make all sorts of happy parts. What kind of thermal is that?

Videos?

Comment

Awesome pics Chuy! So glad to finally see some kill photos from all these Photons I've sold to TBH'ers.....not to down play your coon kill pics.

If anyone is interested, I've still got on in stock, ready to ship and more on the way. Minimum advertised price is $499.97, PM me for the TBH discounted price.

- Jason
                        PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by BuckTag View Post
                          I've rolled with 3rd Gen NV since 2006 and now I'm using thermal

Here's a few pics from hunts...
                          What setups are y'all running?

Comment

I was using Thor 3x 320's on my 5.56's and they worked perfect. I tried them out on my 7.62's and they would reboot after multiple shots due to the recoil. The battery compartment springs would lose contact during shots and cause it to reboot.

I just recently got some of the new FLIR RS 320 2.25x's in. I get stateside in a few days and I'll get to head to the range to test them out. Nothing but good reviews from other users on both AR15/AR10 platforms...

Comment

Anybody use the ATN x-Sight?

Comment

I have a feeling this thread is going to hurt my pocket book.

Comment

Working...
                                X