No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have 2 gen3 3x scopes. We go once a week at least between the end of deer season til the start of bow season. Between nv and the dogs, we hunt several thousand acres of farm and pasture. I don't know how to post pictures, but we don't take many pictures either. Mostly of the big ones.

Comment

The pics through the scope don't do it justice. It is much more clear that the pics.

Comment

I have thermal, but I want NV! AAC shooter that is a nice setup!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          Awesome pics Chuy! So glad to finally see some kill photos from all these Photons I've sold to TBH'ers.....not to down play your coon kill pics.

If anyone is interested, I've still got on in stock, ready to ship and more on the way. Minimum advertised price is $499.97, PM me for the TBH discounted price.

- Jason
          That photon looks like the cats meow

Comment

There are others I would rather have (PVS 22, not PS 22) but the D740 works great and is crystal clear. The only drawback is it is only .223 rated, but that isn't a big deal when your .223 is a sub 1/2 MOA shooter.

Comment

Eco- what thermal unit you have?

Here's looking down our street with 1 house with its porch light on... This is also before I messed with the brightness/contrast and focus! I need to take some better pics when I get the chance.

Here's looking through the PVS-14..

Comment

Would love some more pics of the Sightmark Photon 3.5x at night. Just the scope, no other fancy hook ups that enhance night vision. I've been looking a while at this guys stuff and really think they would be a blast. BUt I would have no extra money for accessories and such. Just the scope. Looks great!!

Comment

Could of used anything this weekend, so let me tell you a funny story. So I go to chuy's fathers ranch to hunt turkey an pigs with my good buddy Chuy. Friday night was uneventful, we did drive up on what I thought was a bobcat all I had was an eotech on a AR. I put the sight on the eyes the only thing I can see an lower just a hair an squeeze one off. Shot this guy thru the mouth an out the back
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398827173.853777.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	24301969Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398827194.247597.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	24301970
                  Saturday Chuy, his father Jesse, his fathers best friend "uncle" monte, and his dads worker "homie" all sleep in while I head out looking for a turkey. I saw none. So I throw a bag of corn around there pond that is covered up in tracks everywhere, I back out an have a late bfast with everyone back at camp. We mess around the rest of the afternoon and head out for the evening hunt. While going out I realize I forgot the mini sniper hog light at camp and just go on with out it. Ok so this is where it gets funny, from what I was told no one hunts this pond so no blinds are there I tell Chuy don't worry I'll just take a folding chair an hide behind a tree something's gonna show it's covered in tracks. So I sit an wait an a bobcat comes in for a drink, it's early so I go ahead an take a shot. Chuy and I both heard a hit but never found blood or a dead kitty. So I txt Chuy an tell him in still gonna sit something's gonna come out. Darkness falls quick an with out a light my mind starts playing tricks on me. I swear I hear voices all around me an then I start thinking that cat is gonna jump out of this tree ticked off cause I shot at him. So I get out of my chair an walk a couple feet closer to the pond hoping the reflection of the moon off the pond I will be ok till chuy's ready to get picked up. Chuy has his 6.8 rigged out with night vision so he was in no rush. The voices I'm hearing are getting closer an I'm freaking I turn on the light on my cell an I point it out to the pond, I look at my phone to make sure it's working cause all I see is black. It blinds me a bit then I realize all the black 20 feet in front of me has eyes an is staring straight at me. I may or may not have let out a girlish shreak along with about 12 or 13 shots off the 223. Heart is pumping an I'm wired trying to calm down I still hear something an clear the round jammed (or I would have emptied the clip) an two feet in front of me passes the last pig close enough for me to kick. I let three shots off at him and try to get reception on my phone so I can let Chuy know everything's ok an he needs to bring that night scope on over. By the tine I get reception Chuy has txt four times, I jump in the truck to go get him an see him running down the road towards me. So I tell him my story an we laugh an I'm still amped from my near stampede experience. We look for blood an find some an track it to this guyClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398828451.673200.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	24301974

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398828467.326349.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	24301975
                  We head back to camp to laugh an skin the pig. His dad says dang all them pigs an you only get one? Found more blood Sunday but no dead pig. Sunday I go back an sit in my chair an with my mini sniper hog light I watch six pigs drink an eat the corn I threw for an hour before the sun comes up, his dad, Chuy, and Monte all ask how come I didn't shoot any of them, well I heard turkey's all around me but never showed themselves, so no shot. I was just glad to get out with some good people, great food, and even better stories. Thanks to Chuy and his father jesse for allowing me to hang out an hunt with them.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398828823.304809.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	24301976

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398828845.221920.jpg
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	24301977
                  Last edited by gpena; 04-29-2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Awesome thread

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                      Eco- what thermal unit you have?]
                      I have a Insight MTM. It works great! I just like NV. I would love to find a PVS14 at a good price!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't have thermal but have access to some units through work ... guess it's good as long as I stayed employeed there. Military grade TWS

Name:	tws_raytheon.jpg
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	24301985

Comment

Has anyone put the Photon on a larger caliber AR?
                          450 Bushmaster or 458 SOCOM?
                          If so, did it hold zero?

Comment

Sorry Taxi, only had it on a 6.8 , but it holds a good zero.

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                            I have a Insight MTM. It works great! I just like NV. I would love to find a PVS14 at a good price!
                            I've heard great things on those PVS14s too. How do you like the MTM?
                            Last edited by Chuy; 04-30-2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

How did you go about sighting it in? Any issues when doing so? Looking into finally purchasing one.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                                Awesome pics Chuy! So glad to finally see some kill photos from all these Photons I've sold to TBH'ers.....not to down play your coon kill pics.

If anyone is interested, I've still got on in stock, ready to ship and more on the way. Minimum advertised price is $499.97, PM me for the TBH discounted price.

- Jason
                                PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X