Is there such a lever action rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there such a lever action rifle?

A 45-70 stainless steel with a 26” barrel?

Weight doesn’t bother me. Was thinking about the Marlin 1895CB (Cowboy). I’d like an all weather version to put a scope on. Yes I know Marlin and Henry have stainless steel 45-70’s but those have shorter barrels. Unless I overlooked a version.

Might check with Marlin's custom shop. 26" SS is not a cataloged item but they might build it for enough $$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

the 45-70 does not really get any benefit from a longer barrel, probably the primary reason they are not offered

i have seen some replica single shots of that length, just not lever actions

Comment

Ranger Point can possibly build it.

Ranger Point Precision (RPP) in Houston, TX is a leading innovator and producer of lever-action and motorcycle parts for Marlin, Henry, Winchester, Steyr firearms; Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha mortorcycles.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
          the 45-70 does not really get any benefit from a longer barrel, probably the primary reason they are not offered

i have seen some replica single shots of that length, just not lever actions
          Well, was sort of thinking that at least it would hold a little more ammo with a longer barrel such as the Cowboy model. Maybe shooting hotter custom loads there’d be less muzzle rise too. Just thinking out loud here.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
            Well, was sort of thinking that at least it would hold a little more ammo with a longer barrel such as the Cowboy model. Maybe shooting hotter custom loads there’d be less muzzle rise too. Just thinking out loud here.
            not a bad idea at all,,,

Comment

I’m pretty ****** at you worksalot, now another rifle I have to have.

Shame on ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                I’m pretty ****** at you worksalot, now another rifle I have to have.

Shame on ya!

Since I’m such a fantastic pal for giving you ideas to spend your money on, go ahead and have two built. Just put mine in your layaway area and I’ll make payments to you on it. Thank you my bestest buddy.

Comment

The only problem is, the 45/70 sucks. Its about as pointless as a Creedmore, Rigby, or 7mm-08 Rem.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                    The only problem is, the 45/70 sucks. Its about as pointless as a Creedmore, Rigby, or 7mm-08 Rem.

obviously you have no experience with any of them,, so you can go bash another thread now

Comment

Don’t see a need for more ammo capacity. Everything I’ve pointed my 45-70 Guide Gun at only required one pull of the trigger.

Ruger made a very limited run of Number Ones in 45-70 with a 26” barrel. Model 1-S-C if you can find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                        Don’t see a need for more ammo capacity. Everything I’ve pointed my 45-70 Guide Gun at only required one pull of the trigger.

Ruger made a very limited run of Number Ones in 45-70 with a 26” barrel. Model 1-S-C if you can find one.

Thanks. I’ll read up about the Ruger.

Big hogs is the main thinking behind wanting one with more ammo capacity. I had a brief, but dangerous encounter with a very large boar. It was the only opportunity I had with one that big. Got caught unprepared one morning upon arriving at that particular ranch.

Had some unnerving encounters where extra ammo capacity would’ve been a blessing when dealing with several big sows with piglets. Talk about feeling helpless when you are alone taking care of newborn calves out in the open and multiple sows try to attack. Part of it could be I just happened to be in their way and escape route, but then add the fact that there were lots of piglets. One of those moments that would’ve been a plus to get on video somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                          Thanks. I’ll read up about the Ruger.

Big hogs is the main thinking behind wanting one with more ammo capacity. I had a brief, but dangerous encounter with a very large boar. It was the only opportunity I had with one that big. Got caught unprepared one morning upon arriving at that particular ranch.

Had some unnerving encounters where extra ammo capacity would’ve been a blessing when dealing with several big sows with piglets. Talk about feeling helpless when you are alone taking care of newborn calves out in the open and multiple sows try to attack. Part of it could be I just happened to be in their way and escape route, but then add the fact that there were lots of piglets. One of those moments that would’ve been a plus to get on video somehow.

might give some thought to the 44 magnum,,, 300 gr slugs not hard to find and they are pretty effective and you get plenty of ammo,, check out the marlin and henry rifles!

Comment

might give some thought to the 44 magnum,,, 300 gr slugs not hard to find and they are pretty effective and you get plenty of ammo,, check out the marlin and henry rifles!

Agree! The 1894 is 10+1, and 300gr xtp’s will do what you’re wanting

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              Agree! The 1894 is 10+1, and 300gr xtp’s will do what you’re wanting

Thanks guys, that’s a good idea. Was reading about the 1894 some yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X