Post Your Pictures of Boyd's Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wfenner View Post
    Im really considering one for my son's TC Compass, but not real sure what im getting into. Is it as simple as unbolting the old one and bolting on the new?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
      What model is that?
      Savage B Mag 17WSM.

Comment

I just put a Featherweight Thumbhole stock in Forest Camo color on my TC Compass and want to know if anyone has personally swapped out the Boyd's recoil pad for a Pachymar, Kick-eez or Limbsaver?

I don't want to have to deal with grinding an oversized pad & plate to fit. ...Plus I don't have a belt sander. Haha

I will say this, I'm impressed with the fit and finish on the stock but the trigger guard is pretty ugly, rough surface metal. It dropped right in though and with a few shims the barrel was a dead center float. Really changed the feel of the rifle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by offthemap; 12-18-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

printscreen

Here is my savage .270

Pillar and Bedded action. here is link to build:
          This is how my .270 Winchester sits now. If picture shows? https://imgur.com/Uz4dUuJ I have so far upgraded my bolt carrier, replaced ejector, detent and spring, replaced plastic triger guarded with metal and set it in a Boyd's prairie hunter walnut stock. Plans are as following. I am waiting on a x-caliber 25" 416R Stainless Steel, light puma contour, 1:10 Twist 5R Groove w/ 11 degree crown, cryogenic treated. I have new new nut and recoil lug and barrel nut wrench waiting for
          Last edited by DesertDug; 12-18-2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
            Keep 'em coming....I have 2 or 3 I'm going to put a Boyds laminate on. 1 is a pre-64 30-06 that the stock is cracking. It was my Dad's and going to my TBH son. Thinking about the thumbhole style. I'm a sucker for the laminated stocks...Gorgeous IMO!
            Gunsmith in Tolar has the pre-64 now. Decided on the Nutmeg, thumb hole and he's going to change the kick pad, float it and do some work on the bluing. Can't wait to see the finished product, will post pics when done.

Comment

Weatherby 270 and fit like a glove
              Attached Files

Comment

Awesome rifles! I’ve been considering one for an old Marlin 30-30 that the previous owner cut the stock. Anyone have pics of their lever gun stocks???

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                  I just put a Featherweight Thumbhole stock in Forest Camo color on my TC Compass and want to know if anyone has personally swapped out the Boyd's recoil pad for a Pachymar, Kick-eez or Limbsaver?

I don't want to have to deal with grinding an oversized pad & plate to fit. ...Plus I don't have a belt sander. Haha

Anyone?

Comment

Not a Boyd's stock but...

I sure made it look purdy with a hydrographic film called We The People and a little airbrushing!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got my very first Boyd’s in the mail today. Put my sons youth 243 in the new stock. Super simple. Mag insert is pretty tight, but I’ll work on that later

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                        Thumbhole in zombie color

Is this a T/C Compass? how did the stock fit, did you have to make any mods? Gun looks sweet. What all is done to it if you don't mind i ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Tealsaduck View Post
                          Is this a T/C Compass? how did the stock fit, did you have to make any mods? Gun looks sweet. What all is done to it if you don't mind i ask?

Yes it is, stock fit perfectly... just a pws muzzle break and a vortex viper. Don’t really care to do anything else as the trigger breaks crisp and clean and it will clover leaf them at 100 yards. 6.5 creed shooting eldx precision hunters. Shot my first two critters with it this week. Dropped em both like a sack of potatoes. I love the gun! Bolt gets in a bind sometimes but just gotta mess with it to get it to go. Paid $200 for the gun itself so it’s well worth it... I’ve got about $900 in it as the only two things I paid full price for were the stock and muzzle brake!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                            Yes it is, stock fit perfectly... just a pws muzzle break and a vortex viper. Don’t really care to do anything else as the trigger breaks crisp and clean and it will clover leaf them at 100 yards. 6.5 creed shooting eldx precision hunters. Shot my first two critters with it this week. Dropped em both like a sack of potatoes. I love the gun! Bolt gets in a bind sometimes but just gotta mess with it to get it to go. Paid $200 for the gun itself so it’s well worth it... I’ve got about $900 in it as the only two things I paid full price for were the stock and muzzle brake!

Awesome, i have the same exact gun but i put a pepper stock. I really like that green though man looks sharp. I have never shot the gun but hoping too soon.

Comment

My latest one. Royal Jacaranda

Comment

Does Boyds do bedded stocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X