Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mako235 View Post
    I’m looking for a Ruger American stock if someone has a take off stock that they don’t need anymore and would like to get off their workbench

I might still have mine. It’s from a predator model though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any RAP owners have recommendations on Rings and heights of rings for 50mm objective?

Also has anyone mounted 20 moa base and what brand?

Comment

Originally posted by mako235 View Post
        I’m looking for a Ruger American stock if someone has a take off stock that they don’t need anymore and would like to get off their workbench

You still looking for a stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In response to rings and bases questions, here's my RAR 20" gun in 6.5 CM. Leupold 20 minute rail, Warne Mountain Tech 30mm rings in Low, 44mm objective scope. As you can see, lots of room left for a 50mm scope which will eventually go on the gun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RAR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	24530374

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
            I agree, slightly less than a 243.
            I'm getting to be a wussy when it comes to recoil but the 6.5 is easy enough.

Even less with a muzzle brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a simple Ruger American and it has been money straight out of the box for $349.
              I did adjust the trigger spring. Lightweight. I have others but when I go hunting I grab the Ruger.

Jealous here of all those LDPs
              I just thought I kill a lot of pigs!

BP
              Last edited by Big pig; 02-11-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                Even less with a suppressor.
                FIFY

I can watch my impacts at 600 yards on 20x magnification from my predator. I have added a significant amount of weight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                  You still looking for a stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Thanks to some nice folks on this website, I found what I needed. Thanks for checking!

Comment

Couldn’t wait any longer for Magpul to off their collective arses and bring the hunter to market, so I ordered an MDT chassis for my predator yesterday. Needed the mag capability to start playing with the PRS stuff.

Now who’s got an extra AR15 buttstock with an adjustable cheek riser they want to get rid of?

Comment

anyone bought a bell and
                      carlson stock yet

Comment

How did I just now see this thread. I have 3 cm and used to be embarrassed to even mention it on tbh as I always found there to be a lot of hate towards that cartridge and even recalled several “fanboy” or “bandwagon” comments lol. I have the ruger American also and 2 tikkas and they are all three tack drivers. Some of my favorite rifles to take out and about even for varmints.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          Couldn’t wait any longer for Magpul to off their collective arses and bring the hunter to market, so I ordered an MDT chassis for my predator yesterday. Needed the mag capability to start playing with the PRS stuff.

Now who’s got an extra AR15 buttstock with an adjustable cheek riser they want to get rid of?
                          Didn't realize I never updated this.

RAP in an MDT LSS chassis topped with Athlon Ares 4.5-27 MIL.

Comment

That looks good.

Drilled a doe with my RAP 6.5 CM with the Hornady 143 ELD-X Ammo at 130 yards Sunday. Bang flop high lung shot with complete pass through. Probably a 2" exit wound.

Like others have mentioned above, mine doesn't like the 120's or the Superformance ammo. Not sure if it is bullet weight or speed. It loves the 143 ELD-X and the Hornady Black 140's. It shoots the Hornady American Whitetail 129's plenty good also. I'd probably shoot those for whitetail at standard distances, but it was already sighted in for the 143's. Both the 140's and 143's have shot 1" groups at 200 off just a bipod with no bags for a rest. Smallest group was three shots touching at 200 with the 143's, and I am not a skilled rifleman at all.

I am curious on what it will do through a pig's shoulders, but no porkers showed up for me last weekend.

Comment

This is the exact rifle that I recommended to several hunters wanting the perfect all around deer rifle. Only difference is that I would go with the DNZ mounts and Trijicon 3-9X40 scope with the green dot.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Nice Gun

Comment

Working...
                                X