Off to Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to Missouri

Got an invite to hunt a friend's farm in Missouri. Lot's of big deer. My host go killed a nice 176 1/4 2 weeks ago with archery. Leaving first thing in the morning. Going to be hunting in a tripod on Saturday morning. Actual temp is going to be 19 with a wind chill of 12. I think it's going to be cold no matter what I put on.

Dad just got back from hunting some private land. Didn't shoot anything but a doe... Just to break in the new Triax.

Hope you've got better luck!

Comment

I will be heading back home (Missouri) in an hour or so gonna be a little chilly Saturday morning

Comment

Good luck

Hope you understand layering and have some good clothes OR plan on sitting in a box with a heater

I hunted about the same in Kansas, right clothes kept me toasty
        My feet are the weak link, once they get cold I can't last much longer

Comment

Good luck. I’m heading up that way tomorrow morning

Comment

I was supposed to leave this morning but my torque converter said "not so fast" . . . .

Comment

I live here and yes it is cold

Comment

We have had some chilly weather 30’s in day and high 20’s in the morning. Not had the teens yet. I wore my long underwear shirt, long sleeve t-shirt and a Hoodie yesterday. It was a high of 37 but was 31 degrees at 4:10. Spitting snow yesterday also.
                Most of the time for us cold or chilly doesn’t start until get below mid 20’s. I put unscented antiperspirant on my feet to keep them from sweating so much on the way to where I am sitting and wear wool socks to wick if they do.
                I also love the adhesive hot hand. I sometimes place one close to both underarms, my chest and if I have long underwear on I place one on the back of each one of my legs as well. They usually last several hours.
                I have two different buddy heaters too. One takes one can and the other takes two. They have been a God send to me once or twice as well especially when hunting with the girls or my Amish neighbor who always has issues with dressing properly when hunting when it’s chilly or cold out.
                I also had to get up and make sure the sink was dripping so I knew that water didn’t freeze in the lines after seeing this thread.

Comment

I also take one or two aspirin before I go out. It helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X