Bullet for .260 Rem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet for .260 Rem?

Someone recommend a good hunting bullet for the .260 Rem that can be used for white tail and hogs. Pics of exit hole if you have any.

I’ve read a lot about the 143 gr ELD-X but it ain’t worth a **** in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using the Sierra 140gr boat tail for over 30 years in my 6.5x55 Swede with great results on deer and hogs.

Comment

I've killed a couple with the ELD-X in my Creedmoor and it performed great. I just got a box of 130gn Sierra Game changer bullets to load up and try. I'll post results when I get the chance.

Comment

Wifey in stand as I type this watching Smurfs with grand child. She exclusively uses 120 grain Nosler ballistic tips and has smoked tons of deer and hogs with her model 7

Comment

I had good luck with both the 140gr Sierra Gameking and the 120gr Federal Fusion.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
            I had good luck with both the 140gr Sierra Gameking and the 120gr Federal Fusion.
            I’ll second both of these.

Comment

All good listings above.

I'm hoping to ops ck a 143 eld-x from my creed this weekend. What's your dislike with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot the Barnes TSXX and it lays them down quick.

Comment

Hornady
                  ELD-X
                  InterLock
                  InterBond

Sierra
                  GameKing
                  GameChanger

Nosler
                  AccuBond

All work well.

Comment

I've used 120 gr Nosler Ballistic tips, 120gr Federal Fusions, and 140gr Sierra Gamekings. All of them work great, but probably like the Gamekings best

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      All good listings above.

I'm hoping to ops ck a 143 eld-x from my creed this weekend. What's your dislike with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                      In the past week, had 3 hogs drop sfter shot and not recovered. Two of the three were on the ground for 10+ seconds flopping around. All shoulder/vital shots.

I’ve killed 3 hogs but they were neck shots and DRT.

I’m hesitant to use it on a deer. I don’t typically go for neck shots on deer.

Comment

130 sierra gameking. You should be able to load as long as you need with this bullet.

Comment

Take it for what it’s worth but I’ve had stellar results with the 140gr hornady BTHP completely passes through deer at 350 yards. I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                            In the past week, had 3 hogs drop sfter shot and not recovered. Two of the three were on the ground for 10+ seconds flopping around. All shoulder/vital shots.

I’ve killed 3 hogs but they were neck shots and DRT.

I’m hesitant to use it on a deer. I don’t typically go for neck shots on deer.

Ive shoulder shot and neck shot deer with the ELD-X and had zero issues.

Comment

I shoot 120gr Nosler BT and Remington 140gr green/yellow box CLs and have had expected performance out of both....excellent!

As for the ELD-X....I use that bullet in my 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5-06, 300wm, 30-378 Weatherby and it has been a proven devastating killer in all calibers listed.

jrg

Comment

Working...
                              X