Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most successful day in the deer woods; My best trad buck/biggest typical to date!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out standing and good work doing what you have to do.

Comment

Beautiful bucks. Not much chance of getting two of that caliber here in one day. Congratulations on the big day!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Your having a good year! Congratulations.
        So what was shot placement like.

Gary
        Thanks sir!

The shot was actually better than I had thought, just below center of body and only being about 5" behind the shoulder, but the exit was a bit low due to the shot angle and came out where the white and brown hair meet on the belly line. Unfortunately since the coyotes and buzzards had already started gutting him for me, I was unable to see what I had hit for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Congratulations Shiloh - you have had an incredible year! Adding up those bucks and your Africa trip I’ll bet your taxidermist is shopping for a vacation home!
          Haha! What I considered a bump in the road after Africa is now a crater throwing these two into the mix of things! I honestly had no intention of mounting the 8 point, but after taking the 10 on the same day, I don't think there is any way I could not get him mounted now!

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Congrats ! Bought any lottery tickets lately ?
          LOL! I should have went straight out of the stand to the store Sunday night to keep riding the wave!!

Comment

Bam! Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's awesome Shiloh!! Congrats!!

Comment

Unreal, brother!!!
                  You've got to be wearing a rabbits foot.
                  Congrats!!!

Comment

They can prove harder than we would think. Way to stick with it. Great looking pup btw.

Gary

Comment

Heck of a trip! Thanks for taking us along! Makes me want to work with our beagle to teach her to do something besides chew stuff up and lick peanut butter out of her Kong!

Comment

Congrats again, my friend!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          Heck of a trip! Thanks for taking us along! Makes me want to work with our beagle to teach her to do something besides chew stuff up and lick peanut butter out of her Kong!
                          Our beagle is 10. We are going to get another soon. You have a good idea there.

Gary

Comment

Good gosh....both are great deer. Congrats

Comment

Nice deer Shiloh. Congrats on them both. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

That’s exactly what I said when we ended up getting Beau. I wanted a dog that was good at something other than laying turds in the yard!!

It’s been fun really getting him to where he is. I’m not a dog person and have zero training experience with them, but read every single thing I could find on tracking and tried to apply it early hoping it would stick. Thankfully, he’s way smarter than I am and has a good nose and a sound mind that knows what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X