Bay boat shopping rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    That's because you can finance things for 7+ years now. People don't care what it costs, only that they can afford the monthly payment. Dealers of any kind realize they can increase the price a bunch and just add a year to the financing. That's why you see superduty's in office parking lots that have never hauled more than a kids bike.
    Yep 100% accurate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Look for a used one.

Comment

I have a Shoalwater cat that will be for sale at the end of September and a good friend with a Majek Illusion for sale shortly also. Both have Sho's and are in primo shape.

Comment

I hear you. I went to a few dealers and I was like no I dont want another house payment. I lucked out and found a 2010 22' Sea Hunt on CL with only 29 hours on it. And was less than half price of a new one. So dont get hung up on the new boat needing to be overpriced new boat. And it took months for the dang dealers to quit calling. Dont give any your phone number!

Check out Johnson Space Center Credit Union for financing. Cheapest I found and recommended by the guy I bought mine from.

Comment

That's because you can finance things for 7+ years now. People don't care what it costs, only that they can afford the monthly payment. Dealers of any kind realize they can increase the price a bunch and just add a year to the financing. That's why you see superduty's in office parking lots that have never hauled more than a kids bike.
            EXACTLY !!!!

Same is happening with student loans to parents and kids going to college now. Raise tuition by raising the amounts / time of the loans.

People will live the life they want even if they can't afford it.

Ranchdog

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
              Salesman said their lender goes out to 20 years depending on size of the note. He also said the best rate he has seen is 5.99%, not sure how true that is but that’s crazy. I’ve gotten a 0% interest rate on my last 2 vehicles.

Wow, that’s a crazy amount of time to finance a boat. That is probably correct on interest rates. What’s sad is people are financing boats out that long if it’s available. Auto loan rates have definitely gone over the past year. It seems the only way to get 0% right now is to catch a promotional deal from a manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't see paying 2K+ per foot for a boat. I am thinking about going back to a john boat full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  I haven’t priced a guided trip in a while but you are probably right.

Just think In another 10 years you can buy a F-250 and a ranger bass boat for 200k.

Heck you could probably spend that now. I pulled up to the gym the other day and noticed a new f-250 and I immediately New who bought it. I went inside and saw the guy and said nice truck bet that thing was 85k! He said no it was 94k but I talked them down to 84k[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You can definitely already spend that...the Ranger Z521 ICON msrp is over $100K

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    I thought this was going to be about a 9month wait for a new boat. We all know they are not cheap. Prices now most people could take a guided trip and save money for the number of times they actually go out.
                    Factoring in the cost of storage and maintenance as well, this is what I have done.

We take two or three trips a year and come out way ahead.

Down side is that I dont own a boat...

Comment

Prices are outrageous. I'd suggest buying a solid used hull (all fiberglass) and repowering it but you can't really even do that right now with the shortage of new outboards.

Comment

Buy a nice kayak. That’s what I did. It’s little more work and effort but you catch as much fish as on a boat. Good luck

Comment

Buy a nice kayak. That’s what I did. It’s little more work and effort but you catch as much fish as on a boat. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                            I used to have a couple of those. The motor on mine sucked!!! It was an old heavy 2stroke that would constantly want to quit on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                              I thought this was going to be about a 9month wait for a new boat. We all know they are not cheap. Prices now most people could take a guided trip and save money for the number of times they actually go out.
                              This is exactly what I do, I want a boat BAD but I just can't justify it. Where I live in Cypress I'd have to pay for storage at about $150 a month + the cost of the boat + the cost of fuel and maintenance, it's just not worth it. My neighbor and I go with a guide 6 or 7 times a year and it's around $650 each time after tip split 2 ways. Mix in 2 or 3 trips to the surf and it's enough to keep me satisfied and I don't have to jack with owning a boat.

Comment

You can finance boats for 20 years if you want to.

Comment

Working...
                                X