Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess some people really can’t understand it’s the 4 BEST teams.

If LSU loses to Alabama does that mean they still aren’t ONE of the four best teams? Nope it means that Alabama is better so they aren’t THe best.

Who cares if you win your conference championship if that one loss was to average at best Kansas state. You had your shot and Kansas state beat you, why should you get in the playoffs? Winning a ****ty conference doesn’t make you a top 4 team. Get off the conference affiliation. Pretend there are t any conferences BOB and pick the 4 best teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      OU has a tiny chance to get in. They obviously have to win out, and win out big and get some help by those losing that are ranked ahead of them. I don’t think they get in. And probably don’t deserve to be in.

Perfect example. OU wins the big 12 and lost to Kansas state, LSU loses to bama and finishes with 1 loss as well but didn’t win conference.... who deserves it? Sure as hell ain’t the team lost to Kansas state.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
        I don’t know how anyone can think like that

A bunch of wins verses garbage is still garbage-

But if my team played in one of those bottom tier conferences where there was never a chance to get two teams in I’d be more likely to understand

Maybe.

Lol cause his team plays in one of those trash conferences. That’s why he thinks like that

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          Perfect example. OU wins the big 12 and lost to Kansas state, LSU loses to bama and finishes with 1 loss as well but didn’t win conference.... who deserves it? Sure as hell ain’t the team lost to Kansas state.

Homers are gonna homer you won’t change that

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
            Take this as an example. To my knowledge it is well documented Phil Knight, owner of Nike, is a huge Oregon donor. What is to stop Phil from learning of a targeted 5* recruit and offering him to pay him for rights to his name if he comes to play for Oregon? In this manner, the school did nothing except have the right alumni. I'm not just talking about football either. Every sport will be impacted. The separation between big money schools will widen to the point of no return, IMO.

This is where college sports will officially turn into the minor leagues.

In general, do I believe athletes should get paid anything? No, absolutely not! A fraction of them are blessed to be given a free or partially free education. Others will have had the chance to experience college like many of us could only dream of and made contacts that will last a lifetime. Many of these experiences will impact them personally and very possibly professionally for the rest of their lives. Take Heath as a prime example. While not a student athlete, his hard work while in the UT athletic department has self-admittedly helped him professionally beyond what I'm sure was one he ll of a good time!
            Here’s an example for you, about Phil Knight and Oregon specifically. Phil Knight has donated millions and millions to Oregon Football over the past 10-20 years to build their state of the art facilities. Those facilities are largely regarded as the best in the nation. Their equipment contracts are tops in the nation because of Hin. All of those facilities named after him are solely intended to do what? Entice recruits to go there. Sounds like Oregon did nothing except have the right alumni?
            Nothing really changes if the kids can capitalize on their image. The big brand name schools will still get the best kids for the same reasons they get the best kids now.

Comment

Homers are gonna homer you won’t change that

Comment

I guess some people really can’t understand it’s the 4 BEST teams.

If LSU loses to Alabama does that mean they still aren’t ONE of the four best teams? Nope it means that Alabama is better so they aren’t THe best.

Who cares if you win your conference championship if that one loss was to average at best Kansas state. You had your shot and Kansas state beat you, why should you get in the playoffs? Winning a ****ty conference doesn’t make you a top 4 team. Get off the conference affiliation. Pretend there are t any conferences BOB and pick the 4 best teams

Hey can you please list out the criteria for determining “best?”

Comment

The fact that we are all arguing about who would beat who and who deserves it more is sad. And it proves my entire point: This committee ****ing sucks and is ruining the sport.

It’s depriving us of actually watching the games play out on the field. We should never have to ****ing guess who is better. The playoff system for college football should mimick the systems used at every level by every other sport all over the globe.

If LSU or Bama gets left out this season, that’s a **** shame. Same with Georgia or Florida. Or Baylor/OU. Or penn state/Minnesota. Or Oregon.

If you’ll notice... literally NO ONE argues about who is better once March madness is over. Or once this World Series ends tonight. It’s insane how college football is set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                    Hey can you please list out the criteria for determining “best?”

Records compared to strength of schedule, eye test, ranked wins, stats, etc. obviously you are trying to point out it’s subjective so there fore a better playoff system needs to be in place like the NFL, but this is what we have and you’ll never convince me a team who lost to Kansas state should get in over a team who lost to Alabama just because they won their conference.

Comment

First off, eye test is about the dumbest thing you could’ve possibly included in that. Ranked wins are also subjective, because who makes the rankings? Lastly, why focus so much on the losses?

Also, go check out “football outsiders.” Their S&P+ and F/+ stats are unanimously regarded as the best. What they’ve been doing is so ground breaking and has proven to be so accurate over the years that ESPN hired the guy last year. Notice there are 8 big 12 teams in the top 40 and, wait for it.... 8 SEC teams in the top 40. So if we wanna talk strength of schedule, we can, but beware the “stats” regarding SOS might not match everyone’s own opinion.

Comment

Records compared to strength of schedule, eye test, ranked wins, stats, etc. obviously you are trying to point out it’s subjective so there fore a better playoff system needs to be in place like the NFL, but this is what we have and you’ll never convince me a team who lost to Kansas state should get in over a team who lost to Alabama just because they won their conference.

I hear those K-State boys can be tough to handle in bowl season tho...

Comment

Lmao 2-3 loss “conference champs” deserve it an so do their fans that have to watch them [emoji1787][emoji1303]

Comment

So how you win your conference with 2-3 losses and miraculously win it all technically those other 2-3 teams are champions cause they beat you you had your chance [emoji1303][emoji2359]

Comment

So why don't the two best teams always face off in the Superbowl? Many years the two best teams are in the same conference? Well, because the second best team in the conference already lost to the best team. Only the winner gets in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

College Football 2019 - Week 10

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                So why don't the two best teams always face off in the Superbowl? Many years the two best teams are in the same conference? Well, because the second best team in the conference already lost to the best team. Only the winner gets in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wrong that’s why there’s a wild card slot which allows them to face off a 3rd time as a tie breaker in most instances

Last edited by drop dead fred; 10-29-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X