Bluetooth Meat Thermometer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a suggestion on a bluetooth meat thermometer. I have a Maverick unit that works great at what it does, but I’m looking for something Wi-Fi with iPhone app so I’m not limited by the distance of the Maverick. Any of y’all using anything ya really like? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bought an outdoor gourmet from Academy that had two probes. Its works good for me, has it's own app for iPhone. Haven't had any issues with connection in my house with the smoker 50-60' away in the driveway. Think I played around $70 for it.

Comment

Works great using it right now to make some venison summer sausage. Got mine at Lowe’s.

Comment

Check out The Meater. I got one for father’s day 2 years ago and it is great. Pair it to one device that is connected to WiFi and you can check your cook from anywhere in the world.

I monitored temps yesterday while 45 mins away at my son’s football game

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Check out The Meater. I got one for father’s day 2 years ago and it is great. Pair it to one device that is connected to WiFi and you can check your cook from anywhere in the world.

I monitored temps yesterday while 45 mins away at my son’s football game
          The reviews on the Meater are not too good, but I think it’s mostly bluetooth range folks are unhappy with. So your saying pair it with something like an iPad and then I can check it from my iPhone?

Comment

Lol, I prefer to know how to cook by myself. But this seems pretty easy. No suggestions, just looking

Comment

I have a FireBoard and it works great! It has 4 ports I think so you can keep track of 3 different pieces of meat plus the grate temp (or 4 pieces of meat) The only time i couldn’t get it to work I was cussing it until I realized I didn’t have cell phone service and it was working fine but my phone wasn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                Lol, I prefer to know how to cook by myself.
                What does that even mean? [emoji2373][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                  Bought an outdoor gourmet from Academy that had two probes. Its works good for me, has it's own app for iPhone. Haven't had any issues with connection in my house with the smoker 50-60' away in the driveway. Think I played around $70 for it.

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                  I have a FireBoard and it works great! It has 4 ports I think so you can keep track of 3 different pieces of meat plus the grate temp (or 4 pieces of meat) The only time i couldn’t get it to work I was cussing it until I realized I didn’t have cell phone service and it was working fine but my phone wasn’t.

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post

Works great using it right now to make some venison summer sausage. Got mine at Lowe’s.

Thanks folks, I’ll check all those out.

Comment

The meater probes tend to burn up and quit working. I switched to the igrill.

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post

I had this. Worked great as long as I didn't get more than 30 feet from the grill. I switched to WiFi.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

What does that even mean?
                        Im doubting myself now. I have a wood burning pit. I have to guess at temps��������

Comment

Meater can’t beat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                            Im doubting myself now. I have a wood burning pit. I have to guess at temps��������
                            If what you put on the table is good, that’s all that matters. We built fence all weekend and I’m just want something to monitor the meat & smoker temp when out in the pasture.

Last edited by Roscoe; 10-20-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              The reviews on the Meater are not too good, but I think it’s mostly bluetooth range folks are unhappy with. So your saying pair it with something like an iPad and then I can check it from my iPhone?

Yep. I use an extra phone connected to home WiFi. Set it on the patio next to my Kamado and can check the cook wherever I am

Comment

Working...
                              X