Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero turn mowers...where to start

Howdy green screen,

I am wanting to learn more about zero turn mowers for residential use.

What brands and models to consider and which should I stay away from?

Mowing 1/wk at most possibly 2/mo. Looking for a 60" cut deck. 3000 is about as much as I could consider spending...am not afraid of quality used mowers at all.

Thanks in advance!

look into the hustler brand

Comment

I like scag mowers alot. It's out of your price range but you can finance one.

I also like kawasaki motors

Comment

Hustler

Comment

I can tell you where to start and finish: Scag, period.......if you weren't set on $3k.

For that price, Bad Boy is probably as good a mower (new) that will get for around $3k.

Comment

Look at hustler

Comment

Hustler, bad boy, scagg, gravely. Stay away from John Deere, toro, Dixon, there just not built as well as the others.

Comment

Did a fair amount if research trying to find the best bang for my buck 2 years ago. Didn't want to spend the $6-7K(or more) on a full blown commercial unit. I was targeting the upper end residential/light commercial mowers. I ended up narrowing it down to the Hustler Raptor SD models & the Bad Boy mowers. I ended up w/ the Hustler because I have a dealer 10 mins from my house and it came w/ the Kawasaki engine which I had read was really good. It's the same engine that many commercial mowers have.

I've been really pleased with it. Mine's the Hustler Raptor SD 54". I did a couple of upgrades. I did the engine guard (to keep my 16 year old from tearing up the engine against trees & fences) and I did the "Flex Forks" for a better ride. Some of my yard is pretty rough. The mower has been excellent. After upgrades and taxes the total was $4,700. I think the list price was $3,999.
                I know this is out of the range you were looking in, but maybe you can find a nice used one that's closer to your target price.

Comment

Thanks for this info!

Comment

Hustler raptor sd 60 inch deck is around 4500. Itll do the job just fine

Comment

Bad Boy

Comment

Don't overlook Husqrvrna. Great mowers.

Comment

I love my Kubota. 4 year bumper to bumper warranty.

Comment

I have an exmark quest series. A little out of your price range new but you never know, I bought mine with under 10 hrs for a little over half the price of new one.

Whatever you get, go with a welded/fabricated deck.

Comment

Just bought a 48 inch Bad Boy and love it. I got the Kawasaki engine. The Koehlor engines are good but the Kawasaki has a longer warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X